Aqara t2 two channel relay lumi.switch.acn047 dry contact mode via zha

Hello. I have aqara t2 channel relay lumi.switch.acn047 installed to garage door opening switch using dry contact (at least it’s what I asked electrician). Connected via sky connect (zha)
In home assistant I have two switches. Switching either of them from on to off or vice versa does not trigger garage door.
How should I trigger dry contacts switch for garage door?

Adding a few photos of installation. Looks good to me shorting s1 and com triggers garage door. Physical switch also triggers garage door.
None of the two zha switch entities triggers garage door :confused:

I would like to know if it’s possible for this relay to work in a DRY mode if connected via ZHA at all. When I connect it, I assume it’s working in a WET mode by default, which might explain why it isn’t working for you. Be careful not to fry anything if you’re giving your garage door 220/110v if the DRY loop works with less.

That’s a very good and valid point I should not change anything in this wiring :slight_smile: or measure s1 and com voltage before changing anything :slight_smile:
As for dry vs wet mode smart home scene states following:

This means that without the jumper, the Aqara T2 relay is automatically in dry contacts mode out of the box. You can freely attach your thermostat or whatever to L1 or L2 and no current from the input will be passed to these two output terminals

Not sure that is true or not.

Well, I didn’t know that to be honest and I was wondering how can I enable DRY contact mode in ZHA. I guess I will pull out the multimeter and try to test it myself and then I can risk it and add it to my fireplace and see if anything bad happens or I simply wound’t be able to control it.

To try and help you I think if you want to use the DRY circuit, you need to connect your load to LOUT and L1/L2, not to COM/NC/NO ports.

@vukisz I think it worked for me, although I’m not sure if my fireplace expects a pulse or a constant signal. Either way, I wired mine like in the following picture and managed to turn the fireplace on/off.

The problem for me is that I need to figure out if my switch has to be constantly enabled if I want the fireplace on, or just trigger it via button or something. I will continue investigating and tell you more if I figure something out.

Thank you! You inspired me to take multimeter and do a testing of L1/L2 and LOUT.
And indeed L1 - LOUT was open when switch2 is on. L2 - LOUT is open when switch1 is on.
So just rewired those two wires from s1 and com to L2 and LOUT (switch1 in HA)
And now when switch1 goes from off to on it triggers one of garage door actions: pull up/stop/pull down.
But switch1 always needs to return to off as while its in ON then even physical wall switch does not work. But I am not considering this as an issue :slight_smile:

Thank you again!
Edit photo of correct wiring:

1 Like

I’m glad we both helped each other with our corresponding problems. Cheers! :beers: