Aqara thermostats not adhering to HA automations

Hello everyone.
I have set up Aqara thermostats for my radiators to have full control of them as limiters throughout the house and I have created automations through HA to control them. I have successfully done that in my lounge and open kitchen space where I have Aqara FP2 sensors that would help trigger their on-off status based on presence. They work well. However, some of the devices (in the hallway, bathroom, etc.) seem to escape the automation that I’ve set up in HA. For example, the bathroom thermostat would appear off on HA, but it will show a very high temperature in the bathroom well above the cut-off level where it should switch off before allowing that much of a temperature level to rise, and when I physically check the thermostat it would remain on, and if I manually switch on and off in HA it would then switch off at that point. This tends to happen with a few other thermostats in rooms too. I feel like it’s a hit-and-miss with these thermostats in terms of their control through HA.
Has anyone had this issue? And has anyone found a solution?
My automation workup is very similar to that of the lounge and kitchen where HA does manage the thermostats properly most of the time (very rarely they also have escaped HA control and were doing their own thing).
Would appreciate it if someone could shed some light as to why this happens, and any tips to sort this.