Aqara TVOC Air Quality Sensor - Failed to bind 'manufacturer_specific' cluster

I bought one of these sensors, and paired it up to ZHA, but am having a few issues with it.

1. I am receiving each of the expected values (temperature, humidity, TVOC) , but after transmitting for a couple days, the device stops sending values, and needs to be woken back up using the button on top of the unit. Sometimes after waking the unit back up to get it to transmit again, it reports 9999 ppb TVOC, which eventually returns to a normal value.

2. I cannot tell what firmware the device is running. I have a couple IKEA devices which do report firmware, not sure what is different about this device that it does not. I was wondering if the issue above could be resolved if there was a firmware update available. However, my understanding is that ZHA only supports updating firmware on a couple different device vendors anyway.

3. I am unable to change the displayed units of temperature from °C to °F. There are no configuration options shown for the device, but it seems like this should be one.

4. When reconfiguring the device, I get an error that the XiaomiAqaraE1Cluster did not configure properly, and the process fails. Perhaps this is related to some of the above issues? Any ideas for how to make this complete successfully? I have tried many times and always get the same result.

DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zha.core.channels.base] [0x0A82:1:0xfcc0]: Failed to bind 'manufacturer_specific' cluster

Trying to decide whether this is an issue with ZHA that can be fixed, or something else (firmware needs to be updated, Zigbee channel needs to change, etc). Or maybe this device is not worth my time, and I should just return it.

So, I’ve switched to zigbee2mqtt specially because of these sensors and lack of (in depth) support bij ZHA. I must say: a) I love zigbee2mqtt b) I don’t love the Aqara TVOC Air Quality Sensors.

While zigbee2mqtt gives you much more options to fine-tune sensor (and it has better support for more devices). These particular sensors are funky… They stop working after a while and you keep having to kick them back into action…

Does zigbee2mqtt give a configuration option to change the temperature units?
I am curious if it is also having issues binding the ‘manufacturer_specific’ cluster, which is where I think this option would reside.

Really not sure, but why on earth would you want an other unit then freezing at 0 and boiling at 100… that gives you a nice meaningful scale from ice to steam and from 0 to 100… :thinking:

That being said, you can do about anything, so I guess you can (if the devices supports it).

So does your device successfully bind the ‘manufacturer_specific’ cluster?

Solution to changing display units here: