Aqara U100 Smart Lock

That is unfortunate, it looks like a good lock otherwise. If I have not the need for automation based on who unlocked the door (I take a picture from doorbell of care workers when unlock, and also disarm alarm when someone in family unlocks), I would consider it.

I wonder if there is a way with the Aqara integration in Home Assistant (not matter) to get this information about the lock user?

Since Homekit reports who unlocked, there may be a way to get it to send some info to Home Assistant based on who unlocked using an automation, but that is getting a bit silly with all these hubs and stuff. However, when you make an automation in HomeKit, when someone arrives, An Accessory is is controlled, and select lock does it give options for a particular user?

I donā€™t see HomeKit automation based on who unlocks the door. I donā€™t think thatā€™s possible for HomeKit at the moment.

There is a community integration which integrates Aqara hub into Home Assistant but that requires custom FW. I personally am OK with Matter so I am not going down that route.
niceboygithub/AqaraGateway: Aqara Gateway/Hub integration for Home Assistant

Iā€™m very interested in this lock.
A couple of questions.

1. Iā€™ve seen folk say itā€™s re-keyable. Whose key? I live in a Schlage house and I really hope thatā€™s the keyway this has.
  2. This is going be serious speculation. I have a pair of Schlageā€™s HomeKey locks and they made the actual motor/gear way weak compared to their old locks. How powerful does the Aqara motor/gear seem? The lock in question is in my garage and it can get to -20C on both sides, the Schlage really doesnā€™t like this and can run out of power to lock/unlock. (and thatā€™s with me powering the lock with external 6Volt power)

No, you cannot rekey this lock. Someone in YouTube tried it and the pins and cylinders are slight smaller than regular Schlage lock, making it impossible to rekey.

All smart lock I used requires zero resistance when locking it. I have to file the strike plate in order to make it work. As long as the deadbolt is not making contact to anything while locking, you should be fine.

I live in California so I cannot comment on the operating temperature.

You happen to have the link to the video?
Does the key itself at least fit? Pins can be found in different sizes (Schlage is .115? American Lock is .093) And at worst, can spin the pins and rekey all the Schlage locks to fit the Aqaraā€™s pinning.

Aqara U100 Lock with Apple HOME KEY! - YouTube

1 Like

I am using esphome Bluetooth proxy, my HA device is far from the lock, not sure if it will have a good connect

Interested in how this works out. Hoping to use Homekit over BT with some ESPHome proxies.

Iā€™ve watched a couple of videos which mention re-keying and one of them shows the diameter of the U100 pin (2.72 mm, 0.107 inch) and a bit more googling mentions ICORE pins are 0.108 inch, so that might work to rekey a U100 lock.
Update: the Icore pins work, posted link elsewhere with details.

Ok, I was basing on what fabianluque said up a few messagesā€¦ ā€œHomeKit does report who unlocked the door, HA with Matter just gets the state change.ā€

So you are saying that this is not the case? Maybe what was meant it that it reports the user via notification but there is no way to use this information in an automation?

I donā€™t use HomeKit notification. May be it will tell you who unlocks the door but I cannot find anything relevant to that in the HomeKit app. I also donā€™t see the option to trigger automation based on who unlocks the door in HomeKit.

Yeah, HomeKit displays it in the notification but I donā€™t see a way to use it in an automation. The Aqara app has support for this in their automations but youā€™re limited to control what they have access to.

Homekit displays who unlocked it in the notification? Or the Aqara app itself? If Homekit displays it at least, it should be possible to pull that into HA. I donā€™t think previous Aqara locks showed who unlocked the lock via Homekit itself.

I havenā€™t messed with it much since itā€™s not something I need, but Iā€™m pretty sure HomeKit only displays who unlocked if they did so via HomeKey/HomeKit. If itā€™s unlocked with fingerprint or PIN, I donā€™t think HomeKit would know who it was - so you just get a locked/unlocked notification.

Would anyone who has gone the M2 Hub/Matter route be able to test functionality with the hub blocked from accessing the internet? All hubs on my network are not permitted to phone home, so Iā€™d be interested to hear what support you lose (if any) by doing that.

Just tested this - Blocked the M2 hub from internet (via Unifi traffic rules) - confirmed it was offline via cellphone on cellular and Aqara app. Used HA to unlock and lock via matter and it worked just fine.

5 Likes

Does anyone know if you can pair the M2 Hub/U100 lock with HA and does it still work with Apple Home Key when pairing with HA?

Iā€™d like to remotely control the lock via HA and use Apple Home Keyā€¦ Iā€™ve bought the U100 lock and the M2 Hub

Yes, you need to bind the lock to the hub and then using Matter integrate the hub with HA. You can continue using the Aqara app for settings, HA will allow you to lock/unlock and see battery state, and most importantly HomeKey will also work.

1 Like

Excellent. Thank you!

When I do this all I see is the Hub and its security settings when integrating with HA

1 Like