Aqara U200 - Matter integration

Hello there,

is anyone looking into fully integrate the U200 into Matter with HA?

Features I’m looking for:

• Getting full status of the lock (including jammed)
  • Getting the log of events (including who unlocked the door)
  • Managing PIN codes (and find out if you can set schedules via Matter)

I need some help as I know Matter very well but I don’t know HA that well. That’s if anyone is interested.

9 Likes

Is it a matter limitation or is it Aqara’s configuration?

Status locked/unlocked and battery is all I get.
Pretty disappointing at the moment especially because Matter has been pushed so much.

I can confirm the lock has the Matter support for all the features I’ve mentioned (including logs, although the timestamp is weird; I guess the lock doesn’t have an internal clock).

It’s now up to HA to add support for things like PIN codes. I do need some help here since I don’t know how HA has been structured internally when it comes to first party plugins like Matter

1 Like

Hi, is aqara providing the unlatch feature in matter? Some doors have “open” and “unlatch”. Currently, if I open in home assistant it also unlatches (which makes sense if I want to enter, but not if I want just to unbolt in the morning)

Hi, could you share with us a screenshot of the entities that are avaible in HA, and what does the log looks like regarding the identity of who unlocks the door ?
I want to buy one, but I want to make sure that this can be used in automations.
Thanks !

1 Like

Cool! Do you have screenshots?

I just got this lock installed a few days ago, would be really cool to get it properly implemented in HA.

Hey all, hope you’re having a good day.
I just installed mine and connected to Apple HomeKit via a HomePod mini i grabbed from FB Marketplace.
I then integrated it into Home Assistant via matter using the HomePod as thread border router in HA, with a bit of disappointment i would say as the entities available are quite limited (see screenshot below as requested, it’s in italian but i hope the fundamentals are clear).
Just to give a quick summary, 3 entities:

• lock. entity to lock unlock it and report the status
  • update. entity i assume to check for firmware update
  • battery status (added from firmware .65 onward via Matter)

I wonder if integrating it natively via an M3 Hub into Home Assistant would give more control over the lock, but i hope is just a matter limitation from HA side and could be improved over time.

Please let me know in case you want more details about my setup :slight_smile:

Cheers

1 Like

Integrating with M3 will add marginal more control: most of the features of the Aqara app require waking up the keypad (which you can’t do if you’re away)

Changing the hub won’t change what you see in home assistant.

I’m really disappointed by the (lack of) reaction of the HA community, this is a very popular lock and I’m willing to spend time in making it work. I know the lock Matter cluster inside out but I never created a plugin for HA… I was expecting more than someone willing to help :expressionless:

The lock has just recently became globally available, I believe it will take a bit of time but eventually it will be very popular and more interest in the community will drive a better implementation.
Unfortunately I’m not technically expert enough to help on this topic :grimacing:

Hi, I already have an Aqara U200 and connected it with Matter. However home assistant does not read the state of the lock if I unlock it manually (with a key). It stores its previous state.
Does anyone else have such issue?

It’s not an HA issue alone. It’s the same across all Matter clients. The lock won’t signal lock/unlock unless it is in the exact position as the calibration.

My workaround: enable auto-turn lock so it will reposition when turned manually

I see 2 responses to your earlier comment, but no response from your end. How do you expect support if you are not willing to provide the info requested by the community? Furthermore, people in the HA community are generally hobbyïst and do the thinks they do for fun and in their own time. Perhaps your expectations are too high? If you are disappointed about the HA community, I would suggest either to hire a professional or spend more time yourself and learn how to make plugins.

Hi,

Did you have an issue with adding it to HA as a Matter device through HomeKit (by entering pairing mode via HomeKit and entering the passkey in the Home Assistant app)?

I’ve tried this twice and the issue keeps persisting:

• Add U200 to Aqara app (without Aqara hub), go through setup, calibration, etc.
  • Click Set on U200 to enter setup mode, add to HomeKit (by scanning the QR code on U200).
  • Activate pairing mode via HomeKit and try to add via Home Assistant app. Home Assistant fails to add, and U200 goes into “No Response” in HomeKit.
  • Factory reset the lock, repeated the same steps, the same story.

Would appreciate any help. Thank you!

Which firmware version are you running?

What kind of Thread Border Router do you have? If you have Apple TV, I think you should have the newest generation with Ethernet connection.

I myself just got the system setup so that I have Amazon Echo as the Matter/Thread Border Router. I cannot at the moment use the Aqara Home app at all…

Hi @ptuk, the U200 lock is on 3.0.0_0065 (and was when this issue occurred).

I’ve got the latest version of Apple TV 4K with ethernet, so that should check the box in terms of compatibility I suppose. Got a Matter/Thread-capable Echo device too, though haven’t tried anything Matter/Thread-related with it yet.

Hi, can you confirm if HA logs show which user unlocked the door, and if this can be used in automations?

Does it show user which unlocked door in HA? And if so, can it be used in automations?

I set up the lock as follows:

• Stock firmware
  • Added to HomeKit
  • Added to Aqara app (no Aqara hub)
  • Updated firmware to v66
  • Enabled pairing mode in Apple Home
  • Added to HA