Aqara Window/Door Sensors going to sleep?

I have some Aqara window and door sensors I recently added and I noticed that they kept showing as unavailable. When I look at their history it shows that they’re available for right around a half hour and then go unavailable for about 19-20 minutes. If the door is opened or closed in the time they’re unavailable it will register that opening or closing. This pattern gives me the impression that they are going to sleep for 20 minute intervals before waking up and reporting again. Is there a way to keep solve this? Having them unavailable part of the time makes them kind of useless to some of my desired automations.

They, like most end devices, mostly sleep. They’ll wake up roughly once an hour and “check in”. Some other end devices only check in every 2 or 3 hours.

Make sure that you’ve set the availability timeout for end devices to at least 70 minutes, but more likely 190 minutes.

1 Like

I changed the time to 70 minutes and so far it seems to be functioning as desired. The previous time was set to 30 minutes which tracks with what I was seeing in the log and if it were to check in twice an hour. Thanks for the help

1 Like