Aquara isn't updating temperature anymore

I have some problems with my aquara temperature sensors.
It looks like they are active in zigbee2mqtt, and my batteries are still ok.

Where do I look for problems, and even more, for a solution :wink:

thanks

What model sensor? Not reporting where? Did they ever work?

Basically what we hear is you have these things from Aqara and you don’t think they’re working. You think they have OK batteries. Please tell me why they’re not working.

This could be a dozen things from zigbee mesh problems to naming problems in HA to defective devices.

To troubleshoot any Z2M device I would remove it from the Z2M network. Make sure HA sees it as removed. Re-pair it and re-set it up.

See below all my answers

No need to remove, press and hold the reset button on the device for ± 5 seconds (until the blue light starts blinking).

2 Likes

In that case, I can tell you I have one of the same devices sitting on my desk in exactly the same state, and it makes me angry also.

It is there because I have reset it 2x this year and it did it a 3rd time. Changed the battery the 2nd time.

At this point my answer is, Aqara and I’m about to toss it.

1 Like

I think I’m leaving aquara. It is not reliable. I go looking for some better temp sensors

Tuya isn’t any better, btw…

I’m having problems with them, too. Since I have added my shutter switches to the network, they stopped working reliably. To be honest, they are completely useless.

Is there any solution to this?

I have sonoff snz-02D devices on ZHA that do the same thing. Stop sending updates.

I have to re-pair them periodically, its doing my head in I have to say but seeing threads like this means they’re all the same.

I have a script to monitor for lack of updates that I can share if needed.

2 Likes