Are Meross switches compatible with any existing components?

Hi… really like where this has gone - loads of great effort. However, like a few folk on here, I can’t get it working under Hassio. I’ve had it working under Hassbian, but have done an install now on Hassio. It seems like the Meross-iot library doesn’t load; everything else seems to be in place, but the process of loading via the manifest.json file isn’t working. I’d guess it’s nothing specific to any of the libraries here though.

Anyone else find a way of solving this?

Thanks…Stu

Hello Alberto,

Can we see also the consumption with your custom component or only switch for now?

Best regards,

Unfortunately I have the same issue and I’m unable to get this to work in Hassio.

I went back to using Home Assistant proper from this - reformatted the SD card on the 'Pi, and it’s worked pretty much alright since. I’ve added a number of Meross components and they work first time - right from including via their app, into HA with no need to reconfigure, and even via Homebridge into Apple Home. I’m now controlling them via the Eve app and it works alright. (Not to take anything away from HA & the work done on this thread - it’s made things work really well. Thanks!)

Depends on the plug capability. For instance, on MSS310 (which has power consumption sensor) you will be able to see the power consumption

Hi. Is MSS425E compatible? MQTT discovery does not find the switches.

Yes it is. However someone has reported that the new hardware revision of the MSS425E does not show as expected on HomeAssistant. Anyways, I’ve updated the library lately, do you mind upgrading to the last version and let me know if the problem still persists?

Hi. Updated and rebooted. Unfortunately devices are still not shown.
Thanks.

Edit: ops… it’s working now! Before I checked mqtt section, I didn’t notice that a new section Meross appeared!
Thank you very much!

Hey folks
I wonder if you could help out a noob.
The custom Meross integration was working perfectly until I updated to the latest version of Hassio - and I’m now just seeing " Entity not available" on all of my Meross devices.
Any idea what I might need to do?

Hey thank you very much for the great work. I have few Meross Dimmers. I just need to know if I get these dimmers as switches or as lights, so I can not only turn on/off but dim them also.
Thanks again!

Ciao ragazzi ho un meross mss310 integrato in home assistant , mi calcola su ha solo i W e io avrei bisogno di avere il calcolo in kwh come sono sull’app.
come e possibile farlo ?

Hi. This morning I saw version 20200206.1 available on HACS.
After upgrading, my mss435 plugs became unavailable.
I reverted to 20200109.5 and everything is workin again.
I’m on Hassio 0.105.2.

Me too. Back to 20200109.5 and working again

It’s a shame, but I came back too …
Version 20200208.1 is now available
A few minutes later there is another version 20200208.2

I think that I’ll not update at the moment

Hey, great solution, thanks for all the effort!

But I have one question: All the integrations/components are communicating with the Meross Cloud API, am I right? So there is no solution to get a Meross device working without the Meross cloud service? As I read in the “Internet” since firmware v2 the direct access to Meross devices is no more possible.

Thank you Alberto for the work you put into this.

@albertogeniola I added the MSS620 today as a HomeKit device to HA. Works well, but I am missing the energy monitor. Any idea?