Are Meross switches compatible with any existing components?

can anyone help me with this error?

Error loading custom_components.meross. Make sure all dependencies are installed
Traceback (most recent call last): File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py”, line 183, in _load_file module = importlib.import_module(path) File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/importlib/init.py”, line 127, in import_module return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level) File “<frozen importlib._bootstrap>”, line 1006, in _gcd_import File “<frozen importlib._bootstrap>”, line 983, in _find_and_load File “<frozen importlib._bootstrap>”, line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked File “<frozen importlib._bootstrap>”, line 677, in _load_unlocked File “<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>”, line 728, in exec_module File “<frozen importlib._bootstrap>”, line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed File “/config/custom_components/meross/init.py”, line 18, in <module> from meross_iot.supported_devices.power_plugs import (GenericPlug, ClientStatus) ImportError: cannot import name ‘GenericPlug’ from ‘meross_iot.supported_devices.power_plugs’ (/config/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/meross_iot/supported_devices/power_plugs.py)

regards,

1 Like

vincenzo.suraci helped me within github any one else have this issue here is the fix.

it seems you have problem with the dependencies. I do not know why are you getting this error, since, if you carefully read it:

ImportError: cannot import name 'GenericPlug' from 'meross_iot.supported_devices.power_plugs' (/config/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/meross_iot/supported_devices/power_plugs.py)

it is clear that the system does not find the ‘GenericPlug’ class, that should be located in ‘meross_iot.supported_devices.power_plugs’. I guess something wrong went during the installation of the dependency.

Possible solutions are:

1. if you are not using Hassio, you have to manually add the dependency (e.g. read here)
  2. if you are using Hassio, the dependency should have been automatically installed, but something went wrong. So, try to copy the actual files (that you can download here) and overwrite the ones that are in ‘/config/deps/lib/python3.7/site-packages/meross_iot’ folder.
2 Likes

I´m still having trouble setting up the meross_iot dependency on hass.os, since there is no “pip install nmeross_iot” command available.

Is there any chance that this custom component takes place in an official home assistant release? (0.93, 0.94…?)

I have this install on 91.4
have you tried to run this first? can you please share the error you are getting?

sudo apt install python3-pip
then
pip3 install meross_iot --upgrade

According to this thread:

it isn´t even possible to install something in cli on hassos, maybe that´s the inital problem? Should I switch to another release like hassbian to use custom components?

@jjtyper, @AdmiralRaccoon: in case you need help to make the meross custom-component work properly, I suggest you to open proper issue here, it helps to share knowledge among who is interested to use this custom-component.

I’m developing during spare time and it is still in a testing phase: any help in improving its reliability is more than welcome.

VS

Hi guys,

new version of my add-on

This should improve the stability and remove some minor bugs.

Let me know

Hi,

Thanks for your work.
I’m thinking about to buy a smart plug like the MSS310 and would like to know if we can get the energy monitor feedback in home assistant ?

Thank you

Hi,

yes, I have some and works properly.

Let me know :wink:

@carlosatta Thanks for creating this addon! I have two Meross MSS310 and configured the addon today. But now I’m facing the following problem: All the status values of the two plugs appear correctly in my Hassio instance and update regularly - however the switch entities don’t work at all. When I try to switch on/off one of the plugs, following error appears in the addon log:

[ERROR][Switch][Leuchtschild] Error in command: Timeout.

Do you have a clue what the issue could be?

Home Assistant 0.94.0

Addon config:
{
“mqtt”: {
“host”: “192.168.8.5”,
“port”: 1883,
“protocol”: “mqtt”,
“username”: “homeassistant”,
“password”: “xxxxxx”,
“rejectUnauthorized”: false
},
“topic”: {
“discovery_prefix”: “homeassistant”
},
“meross”: {
“email”: “xxxx”,
“password”: “xxxxx”
},
“devices”: {
“refresh”: 10000
}
}

Anyone else try this successfully yet?

I worked with Alberto to get it part of the merossiot library but no luck getting msg100 as part of either of the two addons yet.

Hi everybody. I’m Alberto, the developer of the original MerossIot python library.
As soon as I released that library, I’ve seen tons of people asking to integrate with HomeAssistant. After understanding what ha is and how integrate a custom component, I’ve started coding. Now, I’m happy to say that my custom component is out and you can try it here.

It supports Bulbs, Plugs and Garage Openers. You really need to give it a try. Shall you find any issue, feel free to open an issue on GitHub project page.

I hope you enjoy it!

10 Likes

No way, I’ve been waiting for this!!! We owe you so much!

Edit: just donated :beers: for you. Keep up the great work.

wow Alberto! thanks! I dismissed a wall plug some times ago, and gave way an RGB bulb :(. As soon I get the plug, I’ll try it.
Btw, I’ve seen using HACS for installing custom components. Are you planning to get on it too?

1 Like

feature request!

Do the HSS510 work with this component please. I see the HSS530 (3 point light switch) just wondered if the 1 point light switch works. Cheers for all your hard work!

Wow, thank you very much!!!

Hi all!
It’s nice to see so much interest in my custom component. So:
@ghiglie and @Klagio: feel free to open a feature request on GitHub for the HACS integration
@Millie74: The HSS510 should work. If you try it, please report whether it works or not

Hi Alberto,

your component is awesome!
I just tested it with MSS620 (2 channel outdoor IP44) dual smart plug (https://www.meross.com/product/45/article/) and it is working perfectly.

Thanks a lot for your contribution!