Are there any young people working with home assistant?

Nono! I was thinking about hardware buttons and motion sensors

Have a look at the ESPHome project if you like DIY.

2 Likes

Definitely if you’re exited about HA, I think you’ll love esphome. Check out wled too, for led’s.

In my opinion home automation and IoT is like a rabbit hole. The more you learn the more possibilities you see.
My ideas:
433mhz radio remote controllers -> sonoff RF bridge (alternative to zigbee buttons)
Monitoring
Doors are open
Windows are open
Light is on too on long without presence

More will come (I am also fresh in this area) hopefully financially independent from wife :slight_smile:

Nah, are there anything good non-diy

How come you speak English so perfectly as a 12-year old swede? Even if English were your first language, most kids your age don’t write as well as you do lol

1 Like

it is my second language, I speak fluently, while my classmates learn basic grammar.

There was a teenager on the HA podcast awhile back. You might ask the show hosts or look through the old show notes to find him.

1 Like

39 feeling like 22

Can you send a link or something? And how do I contact the hosts?

Because you are in Sweden, so far north and so cold, I’d think that temperature and light/lux sensors would be interesting to you. Temperature, to track how cold it really gets, plot the outside compared to inside temperature type of thing. And because there is such a huge difference in winter/summer daylight, you need a lux sensor to (properly) automate your lights.

Which brings you to the next nice thing when the HA screens become boring… ESP32’s. :slight_smile: If you hang around in the IoT world you can’t get around the functionality these little devices and similar boards can add to your home automation.

And, because you’re young and chatty, how about building your own Mumble-based doorbell integration?

1 Like

Oh, tell me how you use ha

@JonatanHolmgren I think the podcast that @bbrendon is referring to might be this one:

Home Assistant Podcast 68 – 0.111, Belkin Wemo, Automatic and Nathan : Home Assistant Podcast (hasspodcast.io)

Nathan developed Soft UI for Lovelace. Hope that helps!

1 Like

Will listen to it tomorrow

@MrNewton
Wow! I thought I was cool lol
I wish I could create something that great myself! Wish me luck lol

1 Like

@MrNewton Would you mind sharing a pic of your dashboard?

Ok, Kinda sad that you can’t share the camera page but here’s my questions:
What theme is that?
How did you do the Chromecast “party music” button?

Fully respect your privacy btw, so I understand.

1 Like

I currently use HACS

Shelly. Products are ready to go out of the box, and HA integration is of excellent quality.

For smart lights I have also had an excellent experience with Wiz bulbs made by Philips, but I do not know if they are available in your area. My lighting requirements demand more reliability than smart bulbs are able to provide, so I do not use them for primary lighting, only alert and mood lighting.

I’m 51 and wish that I’m still 17… hahahahahahah Again I wish…