Are there Home Assistant installers/contractors/consultants?

For the naive in the audience, could you explain why? And how would you want the conduit to terminate? A blank outlet box below the window?

For me it would be blinds. Just an empty conduit to the tops of the window frames to supply low voltage power from some centralized point. Perhaps PoE, but I haven’t dabbled with PoE. Seems useful even without data.

The question becomes what do you think you want to do for automated window treatments. The thought process is that you don’t want to expose wires so you prep for it by creating a channel to run wires later.

You’d have to check with your electrician and local building codes, but generally you don’t need to put low voltage in conduit. However do so makes it easier to pull wires later.

Again this is to hide wires from automated window coverings, so you probably want covered gang box near the top of the window.

If you explain to your electrician what you are planing, he should be able to give you suggestions. Just be sure to let him know it’s for low voltage.

I run conduit to the window frame for the future. Because who knows what I might want to do 15 years from now. Add an alarm sensor, motorized window blinds, camera, LCD shutters, accent lighting, etc. Conduit makes that about a zillion times easier. Mine terminates at the top right of the window frame, covered by trim. Easy to pop the trim and access.

Ha Ha ! I’m an electrical engineer by training and used to do design, compliance and maintainance management for a firm doing $85M/yr electrical spend. I’ve recently done a new house and the number of potential electricians who couldn’t read my spec or asked why I want this or that was incredible.
I specified SPD’s and a full RCBO (every breaker monitors earth leakage) board They looked at me funny. Also specifing plastic back boxes to go in brick walls had them confused (non Faraday cages) then they complained that face plate screws would not be the right length for the 47mm deep boxes I wanted. But to be honest neutrals they sort of nodded at.
I wouldn’t call any of those I approached ‘professional’ ended up choosing the best from a bad bunch and doing a fair amout of ‘adjustment’ after they left. They installed a ‘dumb’ wired system (to my spec or nearly so) and I made it smart, bit by bit.
That’s why this is generally done by hobbyists.
Though I have seen din rail mounts available for fibaro kit so someone is taking this seriously

1 Like

Yea that’s why I’d do it. Not for code, but just to have a clear path to pull something future through.

Hi Ariroi, i’m looking to setup Home Assistant for a house in Sweden.

Would you be interested to discuss a consulting project to integrate all equipment?

If so, please let me know what’s the best way to reach out.

Thanks

Hi @vladciurca, I’m also doing HomeAssistant consultancy work. Feel free to PM me in case Ariroi doesn’t reply. Check with @jakadia (Anyone up for a challenge? I would like to pick your brain!) for a reference, although that was programming consultancy outside of HA.

1 Like

Hi ALL,
The product you created is just asweome. I came from Homee, Homey and Fibaro and I finally feel home :wink: . So thanks to all the contributors. You are doing a fantastic job!

Hi @devastator., @ariroi
im looking for a short-term and long-term support for my Home Assistant Installation. It is working but i def. feeling that it is consuming to much of my time and i need a pro. Like you!?

I put together a lil document describing the requirements at the moment.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Marcel