Area detailed configuration

Areas are increasingly pivotal! Users are integrating an expanding array of entities within them—smart home appliances, 3D printers, and more—that share common sensors. Currently, these sensors hold equal priority within an area, although this may not always be accurate.

Allow me to illustrate:
Imagine having a studio equipped with connected lights, a heater, and a 3D printer linked to a home assistant system.

While it makes sense for the 3D printer to be categorized within the studio area, as certain sensors like power are relevant there, it’s erroneous for the studio lights to inadvertently trigger the 3D printer light.

This lack of tailored configuration also leads to errors, such as the one depicted in the image below, where the room temperature erroneously registers as 117°C due to the heated 3D printer bed, skewing the average temperature reading of all sensors.

What I propose is granting users the flexibility within areas to configure primary and secondary devices. This can be achieved by introducing labels to sensors, allowing users to selectively filter which devices to activate, what contributes to temperature readings, and what factors into the overall power consumption of the area.

This is what Labels do. or Categories.

Floors and Areas are defined specifically as physical locations, and labels and categories are for defining function and other things. (By Design)

Your feature will most likely not be realized because it does not fit the software architecture model.

most certainly not if the OP doesnt vote for his/her own FR…

Just want to say that today Area overview in dashboard are reporting information that are not correct.

My studio temperature is surely not 118°C… There’s should be a way to model what data can be shown in area

You could put the temperature of the 3d printer in a different (or no) area.