Areas for devices under integrations not working

Hey so I don’t know if this should go here or just under normal configuration topic but sense the recent update now I can’t add areas to my devices and both devices and integrations do the same exact thing which is Name Override and Edit Entity. I am running HASS in Docker and the HUSBZB-1 as my Z-Wave controller.

Am I missing something/blind? Also I have noticed in the URL changes from:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8123/config/integrations/config_entry/xxxxxxxxxx

to when I choose a device in the z-wave integrations to:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8123/config/devices/device/xxxxxxxxxx

I don’t know if that has anything to do with it but yeah if you need more information in anyway let me know.

thanks!

Seems to be working for me. Go to Configuration -> Devices, then select a device. In the upper right corner is a cog symbol, click that and I get an option to override the name or set the area.

Do you see something different?

Oh wow I’m totally blind I must have forgotten that there is a cog wheel and never noticed it again while adding some new switchs, dimmers, and outlets. Thank you I have been pulling my hair out on this for the last week or so thinking wtf am I doing wrong.

Well, I don’t notice it sometimes, I think it can be hard to see even though it’s staring you in the face. I guess I haven’t gotten used to the controls being in the header.

Yeah the cog gives you the name override and area but if you click on the entity/s then it gives name override and the ability to change the name of the entity. I wonder why it isn’t all in one place?

Areas are only available for devices, not entities, so it would make sense that you can only change it when editing the device. A Device is supposed to represent a physical device, while its entities represent the different functions the device provides. You can read more about the concept here.

Yeah that makes sense ill just have to remember that there’s a cog up in the corner but thank you for the help. :sweat_smile: