Argon One Active Cooling and Active Linear Cooling Addon

Weird. Are you running 2021.3.2? Or 2021.2.x? The 2021.3+ should work.
I really want to make this work.
Open your Home Assistant instance and show the dashboard of a Supervisor add-on.

Yes. But I am using for local things http and not https. Maybe this is a problem?

no. The my.homeassistant should work fine with or without https.
This is the link and for some reason it’s not working for you, but it is for me.

It is very strange. I looked at the release notes of the last release and there a a few samples for these links. But all are not working here. Very strange. Maybe I did something wrong in my installation. So maybe someone other than me can test it. :slight_smile:

Hello, sorry for my late Feedback!
I have still problems and no idea!
Cpu Temp between 40 and 44 C
core2021.3.3
supervisor-2021.03.4
Home Assistant OS 5.12

21-03-11 18:29:59 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.misc.tasks] Watchdog found a problem with 7d06b5a0_argon_one_temp!
21-03-11 18:29:59 INFO (SyncWorker_7) [supervisor.docker.interface] Cleaning addon_7d06b5a0_argon_one_temp application
21-03-11 18:30:00 INFO (SyncWorker_7) [supervisor.docker.addon] Starting Docker add-on 7d06b5a0/aarch64-addon-argon_one_temp with version 0.19
21-03-11 18:30:30 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.misc.tasks] Watchdog found a problem with 7d06b5a0_argon_one_temp!
21-03-11 18:30:30 INFO (SyncWorker_2) [supervisor.docker.interface] Cleaning addon_7d06b5a0_argon_one_temp application
21-03-11 18:30:30 INFO (SyncWorker_2) [supervisor.docker.addon] Starting Docker add-on 7d06b5a0/aarch64-addon-argon_one_temp with version 0.19

i transferd my system from rpi 3 to rpi4
the sensor code is ok i think.

Are you reeding the temperature via sensor or direct form your script?
I hope you have an idea?
If you need more Infos let me know.

Sorry for my english it is very dusty!

LG Werner

I know it is wrong but, …

- platform: template
    sensors:
      argon_one_addon_fan_speed:
        unit_of_measurement: '%'
        value_template: >
          {{ mode: 'Quit' , fan level: '2' }}
        friendly_name: 'Argon Fan Speed'
        icon_template: 'mdi:fan-speed-1'

Sorry i tryd it but, i cannot find th right way for the sensor!

No sensor

Select config option and restart

Now sensor

Hello, a long night later it is running. Sorry my fault i forget the i2c to install.

Thanks and greetings from Austria.

LG Werner

Hello

Looks like plugin itself and case is working good.

I have HassOS but I get error obraz

There is no terminal support in Argon One Active Cooling addon. Docker is not a feature of this addon. It is simply contained by docker.

But I want to have autostart after power off and cant proceed with commands you have provided since I dont have docker.

I saw in logs I have something like “supervised.docker”

Don’t you have an Argon One case with a jumper for this?

yes… Sorry, didn’t read instruction first. Thanks for help

Thanks for this integration. Once I twigged I needed to turn off protection mode to get Ic2 turned on.

One nice to have would be a range for the fan switching. What happens on my system, is the fan cuts in for a few seconds and then off again because the temperature has dropped down. If possible it would be good to be able to set a range for the on off. For example

40c fan on level 1 35c fan off level 0

1 Like

I’m trying to keep it conceptually simple. I don’t want to clutter the UI with too many options that are difficult to understand. Currently the most difficult concept is easily explained with this graphic.

But, this is open source and if you decide to create something, I’d be happy to link to your more advanced version.

1 Like

No problem, I can live with it for now. I only suggested it as I did something similar for the Primori fan on my other Pi which runs Kodi.

You might try Quiet Profile. It goes 1%, 3% and 100%. It’s a much more subtle ramp up and 1% is barely audible depending on conditions. Also, you can try lowering your cooling profile so that 1% is more agressive and takes longer to turn off.

I installed this script approx. 2 weeks ago on my brand new Argon one m2. Worked great, fan speed 0% or 1 % depending on processor temp. Great job !

Out of the blue after 2 weeks of operation the fan started making a lot of noise & the case started vibrating. Conclusion fan malfunction, RMA of the Argon :-/

Are there any other similar experiences, or had I just the luck getting a cover with a bad fan ? Is the fan control done in the same way as the “official” argon one script ?

I once bought an Argon One Case (the old v1 with micro HDMI) where both circuit boards had a defect. The HDMI board don’t let me use a higher resolution than 640x480 and the main board didn’t started the fan.
I wrote via Facebook messenger to Argon40 and they had sent me both boards without sending me back the defective ones. And that although I bought it here from a local dealer in Germany. It took three weeks and both boards are now working fine. Best support!
The fans of all my four Argon One cases are without any problems.

Fan control is done in the official way on normal mode. Quiet profile used different values. The defaults are the default values. The only difference is this runs entirely in bash and the official tool uses a C program. The interactions with the i2c port are functionally identical. The only variables are temperature and percent. If you set it to default, it’s 100% the same functionality and interactions as the default on the Argon.

I think it’s just bad luck or dirty environment. I’ve been running this from day 1 and it’s always worked fine. No loud noises.