Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

I do not usually close an apps on my phone. Later today after fully charged I’ll stop Ariela app and see how the battery is doing. The battery is only a couple of months old so I don’t think it is the problem. I just noticed this several days ago. When others say they are also seeing this I mentioned it also. Again I am not sure the cause but Ariela is common to all of us. Hard to troubleshoot as Android apps are constantly updating so you are never sure what change causes the problem. The built in battery app is almost useless.

I could not stop the app as I normally do so I have uninstalled it to test the battery issue. I will reinstall after phone running for a couple of hours. Before I did this, I charged and it lost almost 10% in less than an hour. Phone was in my pocket.
Much less battery useage without Ariela running. On reinstall is there anyway to avoid dublicating the mobile app device? Everytime I have forced credentials the mobile app gets duplicated with a number added to the original name. Why?

It looks like I’m having the same issue WRT to power draw. My phone has had worse battery life and its only that this issue was mentioned I went and checked. The phone lasted 12 hours, and it was down to about 15% and needed to be recharged. According to battery manager, Ariela was recording 36% battery use, which is more than double that of the next draw, ‘Screen on’ recorded about 16%.

Ariela on mine is not set to autoreconnect, I use mobile_app messaging, and the webview.

Phone sitting idle at home. Ariela used 10 % of battery. Next highest was 5%

Please send me the logs so i can check it out.

Please try closing Ariela using back button and tell me if its improved.

Try installing GSam Battery Monitor, it gives you a whole lot of detailed info on how CPU, battery, RAM etc a particular app is using: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsamlabs.bbm&hl=en

So, after a full charge and reboot the phone all came back to normal. Ariela used only 0.8% in one hour.

1 Like

I uninstalled an it improved. Put it back on and let my phone sit an that is when I saw 10 %battery used. Phone was idle in my house. Not sure why there would be much useage. I don’t remember whether I had Ariela on my screen when I put my phone down. If I understand correctly you want me to open Ariel’s and then hit the back button and continue to use my phone without going back to Ariela and then report back?

Hello Ionut,

My phone feel better without tracking, work perfect with platform ping, as expected and my phone no more discharging fast.

I have 2 questions :

1-when i clic on my notifications on the image, i have only an “open notification” not the image full screen. Could you program this please? So when i clic, its open the notification and if i clic the thumbnail it will open the image full size on my screen?

2-where are stored the images?

Thanks for your amazing work again, and have a good day!

Olivier

Hey!

Device tracker loads a lot battery. Stop tracking, and you will see the difference.

You can use instead :

• platform : ping
    In yaml config.

Search at HomeAssistant documentation for usage platform ping, its easy, work great, if you just want to define the states “home” and “not_home” with the wifi of your phone.
:wink:

Yes, after using Ariela, just click the back button until you see the app closed. Never “close” Ariela by pressing the Home button.

If you want to see the full notification with image, you will have to swipe down in order to see it. This is normal Android behavior.

The notification images are not stored to the phone. Those are just simply downloaded in memory and discarded once those are not needed anymore.

Thank you, have a nice day too :smiley:

This is not a good option.

Ping is unreliable, and not even remotely close to being a like for like alternative.

As you want lol

For me its perfect, i just want “home” or “not home”, without see my battery dead within 5 hours :wink:

(Its a brand new Galaxy Note 8, so im sure the battery is ok, make one day with no problem and it s for professional use).

Maybe when you have a teenager, you will understand wanting proper GPS tracking…

I closed via the back button and after two hours at the gym and wahoo fitness running on the screen for 1hour, Ariela used 4% of the battery. Wahoo used 5 % and it was tracking my bike via Bluetooth. Seems excessive. After my test without it uninstalled I did a reinstall and my notification stopped again. Looks like another clean out of mobile app.

:wink:

My son has 7, i have time :slight_smile: im not ready to give him a phone for now…

I understand…but in this case your teenager will have his phone battery dead within a day…dont sure he or she will be happy :wink:

Good luck!

No he won’t.

I put tracking back on and the battery drain is back. Over 10% in 40 minutes.

Hi
I’ve noticed that it is impossible to switch between servers if the last server accessed with ariela is not reachable when the app stsrts. The app will show an error and then retry / exit but I can’t reach the menu to switch to another instance.

Same in here…