Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Can you please try with this version: http://surodev.com/ariela/app-ariela-release.apk
Thank you.

it shows an empty DASHBOARD, and then it crashes

Can you please try with this version: http://surodev.com/ariela/app-ariela-release.apk
Note: this version it will enable debug mode and request storage permission. That storage permission is required to write logs on the phone memory. After you install the application, accept the storage permission and make the application crash. After this happens, go to internal memory and you will find a file called ariela_logfile.log . Please send me that file so i can investigate the issue.

Hello anilet, Klagio and others that tries lovelace support.
Please try with this latest version and let me know if it works: http://surodev.com/ariela/app-ariela-release.apk
Thank you very much for your help.

Installed latest version for the first time.

• enabled lovelace
  • enabled firebase notifications
  • used auth with long lived token
  • added a widget
  • removed persistent notification

So that’s great!

Lovelace ui shows the correct tabs (but icon tabs show text), but rest of screen is empty (although my lovelace is really basic right now, so Iĺl test further soon).

Widgets work, but not clickable

What’s the difference between free version without ads (after watching commercial) and pro version?

Really liking this so far! Now let’s see if I can get some interesting actionable notifications to work.

Can you post your lovelace config? Also if you use the latest apk i posted here, can you send me ariela_logfile.log from your phone memory?

Only some of them are clickable: switches, lights, climate, covers. Others when you click on them it will update the state(if changed of course)

No difference in functionality. After removing ads(by watching video) those ads will be hidden for 7 days. After those 7 days, you will have to watch another video and so on.
The PRO version have the same functionality as the free version except that ADS are permanently dismissed.

Lovelace config:

title: Brasser
resources:
excluded_entities:
views:
  - title: Verlichting
    id: verlichting
    cards:
  - title: Second view
    icon: mdi:home-assistant
    cards:
      - type: markdown
        title: Lovelace
        content: >
          Welcome to your **Lovelace UI**.

I used the latest apk from http://surodev.com/ariela/app-ariela-release.apk

Here is the logfile: ariela_logfile.log.yaml (95.8 KB) I had to add .yaml to be able to upload here. So remove that and it’s the original file.

Thanks for the widget info, nice!

And also good to know about the pro version, I’ll definately buy a couple of them for the family when it’s a bit more mature (lovelace + location tracking + maybe battery level reporting?)

EDIT: Are you reading the lovelace config and then rewriting it entirely in a different (native android) way? Or is it using the same rendering as when I visit my lovelace ui from the HA frontend? Because with all the custom components it seems like the first option would be a hell to maintain.

Add some entities to your configuration and it should show. The markdown with only content title card is not supported yet.

Lovelace is already in progress, location tracking & battery level will be next

Unfortunately Ariela read the config file, creates views(tabs), read the cards and add / display the entities as it is implemented in the app(android way). To do the lovelace entire rendering its almost impossible and i do not think i will going to do that.

2 Likes

Hello,

A new version has been uploaded for testing:
http://surodev.com/ariela/app-ariela-release.apk
Please let me know how it works, and if its not do not forget to send me the log file created.
Thank you,
Ionut

Hello all,

Device tracker has been added to the application. Please test it and let me know how it works.
http://surodev.com/ariela/app-ariela-release.apk

The application has been updated to playstore also and it should be available in few hours.
Ionut

2 Likes

Wow cant believe I have never seen this application yet.

The new device tracker features, does that mean it can report GPS coordinates to Hass to track my phone? (Zanzito replacement??)

Screenshot_20181005-163413_Ariela%20PRO
A bit strange rendering of my group here. Floor heating mixed with speakers and vacuum only a line of text. Latest version from play store.
Also any documentation for device tracker?

Yes it will send GPS coordinates as long with battery status.

Please send me your config of stue view so i can check.

Also to enable device tracker in home assistant:

1. Enable device tracker functionality in configuration.yaml

device_tracker:
2) In configuration known_devices.yaml add
DEVICENAME:
name: Friendly Name

Where device name is the device name shown in the Ariela settings page

1. in configuration.yaml you can add the device as in any of your groups / views:
  • device.DEVICENAME
  1. To create sensor of your phone battery:
sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      battery_myphone:
        friendly_name: MyPhone Battery
        unit_of_measurement: '%'
        value_template: >-
            {%- if states.device_tracker.DEVICENAME.attributes.battery %}
                {{ states.device_tracker.DEVICENAME.attributes.battery|round }}
            {% else %}
                {{ states.sensor.battery_myphone.state }}
            {%- endif %}
        device_class: battery
3 Likes

Hey, cool to see device tracker ready for testing. But when it comes to Lovelace I think you are going at it the wrong way. Currently it works really bad and none of the custom cards that are a big part of lovelace is working. I have no programming skills, but couldn’t you just implement a web wrapper solution for lovelace ?

EDIT. hmm, no new known_devices showing up. Tried force closing the app and restarting HA.

PS! Love the option to hide info from notification. But do notifications still work, because they stopped working for me now. I’m still only seeing unknown device in fcm_android_registrations.conf

Awesome! If you get the time check out FIND3 (https://www.internalpositioning.com/doc/api.md) and see if you can integrate that then its a Zanzito killer.

Ariela application will only try to read the views, cards entities from lovelace config and display those. For fully supporting lovelace i can think on this:

• create custom android components for each lovelace cards(very hard to maintain , not job for a single person)
  • create custom web rendering to display those components ( very hard to do also)
  • use a webview when lovelace is enabled.

Update HANotify component and remove fcm_android_registrations.conf.

I will add this to my TODO list

I was looking into using webview for Lovelace. Seems like the most versatile option. I was looking into removing the header and having each tab being it’s on webview. Then separate them into Android tabs. This would give the option to swipe between tabs.

Edit:. Or even better (maybe) load the tab names into an array. Then add a swipe gesture to the webview to cycle through the array since the Lovelace tabs each have an addressable URL.

Good idea, i will try it to see how its working. Thank you

1 Like

Hello,
I made some tries regarding this and this is the result:

• authentication must be made in the webview again
  • i couldn’t remove the header

I will try to remove those defects and post here an update.

Ionut

So it seems it just renders components in the same order as in the .yaml. And do not group them like in web interface. No big deal. Still not sure why the vacuum component does not render with the controls.

Also it seems that battery status from my device only updates when I open the app, so not really working.
Device tracker shows up automatically, but I’m always showing as not-home.