Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Thank you for the feedback. I will investigate the issues.

Feature request: Could your app use android health sensors or smartwatches to check if the user currently sleeps and then return this status to HA?
https://developer.rebble.io/developer.pebble.com/guides/events-and-services/health/index.html#detecting-activities

I will investigate this request and see what i came up to.

Thanks. This would really be something that distinguish this app from other apps and it could even be Pro-version exclusive (until other apps catch up:)

I can’t seem to get the device_tracker working.

I’ve added to my configuration.yaml:
device_tracker:

added to my known_devices.yaml:

thomas_phone:
  friendly_name: Thomas Phone

which is the same name I used in the Ariela app

However there is no device_tracker.thomas_phone entity showing up. Is there more I need to add? Does it only appear after I leave my home zone?

How often does the GPS ping for a location? Is there an option in the settings to change the interval at all?
I’m just concerned about possible negative battery impacts?
Or possibly using network location instead of the GPS?

Disclaimer- I haven’t tried the updated version of the app with the Device Tracker yet as my HA is still down :frowning: I was just wondering how it works. :slight_smile:

thomas_phone must be set in ariela too, not Thomas Phone

[quote="Coedy, post:248, topic:67519"]
How often does the GPS ping for a location? Is there an option in the settings to change the interval at all?
I’m just concerned about possible negative battery impacts?
Or possibly using network location instead of the GPS?

Disclaimer- I haven’t tried the updated version of the app with the Device Tracker yet as my HA is still down :slight_smile: I was just wondering how it works. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Anytime the location is changed an update will be posted. Maybe i will update the application to send updates by a user configurable time (1 minute, 2, 5, 10 etc)

I have thomas_phone entered in Ariela app, still nothing (I’ve been a few km away, still no device_tracker entity to be found.)

Can you check home assistant logs while toggling the device tracker option in Ariela settings?

From what you’ve said I imagine it’s fine as is. But adding the option for a set timer to send the location may make people happier (I’d probably just leave it as is though!)

Got it. I will add this to my todo list :smiley:

No log entries in HA.

Here’s an Ariela log: https://brasser.family/s/ariela_logfile

Thank you, i will investigate it.

1 Like

Hello all,
Version 1.0.3 has been uploaded to google play:

• fixed crash during setup
  • fixed issue with device tracker.

Please let me know any issues you found, ideas, improvements etc.

1 Like

on the about page I’m on version 1.1.1 (from surodev.com) do I need to install the gplay version?

1.1.3 is the latest version. The one from the playstore is the latest.

1 Like

Hello all,

Today i will post an update of the application that will give possibility to login via web. This means you can give access to Ariela by simply put your password and user name. The old authentication and long lived tokens will still be supported, but i believe having this latest addition will going to cover any user needs.

Ionut

Hello,

Web login authentication has been added. This means you can give Ariela access to the Home assistant much easier without requiring long live access tokens:

Download: http://surodev.com/ariela/app-ariela-release.apk
Later today the playstore version will be update too, so please stay tuned.

The tracker is slightly off :wink:

Thank you for reporting this. I will investigate. How is the weather there btw :stuck_out_tongue: