Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Can you please enable debug mode and send me the log file? Thank you.

My app no longer loads since the update. I get an instant force close.
Android P, 2016 pixel.

Edit- uninstalled, reinstalled and more working! :grin:

Yes i discovered that problem too and i created a new update to the playstore. Sorry for inconvenience.

1. I had problems with setting up the server. Ive got nginx proxy set up. First i tried wifi search but it failed (my HA instance is accessible through internal ip and standard port. I tried to manually set it up by entering the external url of the server - it failed. I tried entering “https://external.url” and also it failed. Eventually “https://external.url:443” has succeed.
  2. If im viewing a page with CCTV feeds, Ariela gets disconnected from the server every few seconds. Also on that page ive got few noise/motion sensors and their icons are blinking/changing between normal large icon and a very tiny icon.

This cannot be considered a problem. Your server works on 443 port. Ariela will only scan the 8123. That’s why i gived the possibility to enter custom ports.Think that there are 65535 possible ports x at least 254 IPs on the network x at least 1 second detection time → a lot of time to discover.

I will investigate this issue, thank you for reporting it.

This cannot be considered a problem.

I do agree, but its not very straightforward too. Ariela could try 443 if “https://” is present and 8123 doesnt work - running HA on 443 is very common.
Maybe it would be all right to change “Home Assistant IP/URL” to “Home Assistant IP/URL and port”?

will investigate this issue, thank you for reporting it.

Thanks. At this point im not sure if “disconnection” problem was caused by cctv feeds, because later on, the app was running in the background and suddenly i started getting those notifications “Ariela is connected” every two or three seconds.

even when its often used, i hope that side programs like android apps etc. dont support it.
because its not the wisest thing to do.

i know that there are a lot of people out there that use SSL in HA and only use it through outside DNS, but i also see that people run into problems when they chose to do so.

if you want to reach HA from outside your network the savest way with the least problems with other programs (app, dashboard, appdaemon, graphs, etc) is to use a proxy server.

1 Like

Will be done on the next release

It would be helpful if you enable debug option and use the contact function after the disconnection occur.
Thank you.

Hello,
A new update has been posted to Google Play:
What’s new:

• fixed image display issue
  • fixed app crashes
  • other fixes

What i am currently working on:

• logbook retrieval
  • entities charts
  • possibility to configure tasmota based devices directly from Ariela
  • map support
  • others

Hello,
Added detailed information about entities:

I have been tracking the device tracker for a while to see what it does. The issue of it submitting the wrong coordinates so far from what I see has been fixed. But the issue I am seeing right now is that I have to open the app to get it updated. It works fine if the persistent notification is there but once it is not it stops updating. Other than that I have not seen too many issues with this app and happy with the progress being made.

I am glad to see the tracker works as intended. That persistent notification is indicating the the service is up and running. If the service is not running it will not going to update the location. I am working on a way to fix this so please stay tuned.

1 Like

Can I change the device tracker name?

Is it possible to disable or bypass the Wi-Fi network search? I want to be able to use this outside my network via VPN and that Wi-Fi discovery makes it impossible

The device tracker name (id) cannot be changed for now. But you can put a friendly name directly in Home Assistant.

You can:

1. Wait for wifi search, a error dialog will appear → click enter manually
  2. Configure it via your network → when the main dashboard appears you can use configure external access.

Is there a way to let the application autostart when device is booted?

Working on that too.

Hello all,

A new update has been posted to google play:
Updates:

• start application at boot
  • connection improvements
  • better memory management
  • better notification management

Please test it and let me know how it works.
Have a nice day.

Hello all,
I am waiting for more suggestions from your side. Please tell me your best ideas to be implemented.
Have a nice day,
Ionut

Could we get an option to choose between location updates and update interval?

I’d personally like to update my location when my location updates, not a set amount of time. I’d like to avoid battery drain

Edit: a few suggestions

1. When I swipe the app out of multitasking drawer, it seems to kill the background service for device tracker

2. An “invisible” notification like I’ve seen on other apps.

3. Bluetooth beacon support similar to own tracks?

These 4 suggestions would be awesome in my opinion

I’d say my highest priority is the option to choose between time base location updates and when your actual location changes. As well as the issue with the app being completely killed when swiping the app out of multitasking