Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

unfortunately my wear os watch doesn’t have a playstore on it :thinking:, i download wear apps to my phone and then they sync to my watch (moto 360). ive checked the playstore on my phone and i only see 3rd party playstore apps for wear os :woman_shrugging:. not quite sure if I’m being thick or if your devices are different :joy:. i will just have to wait for the uploaded apk :+1:. kind regards Steve

You don’t have a new enough watch. I had the same problem with my Sony. I had no idea there was a playstore on the watch until I got my fossil.

1 Like

Hello all,

Here its the wear apk that you could try to manually install on the watch:
http://surodev.com/ariela/arielawear-ariela_pro-release.apk

1 Like

Hi Ionut,

Thanks alot I tryed it immidetly, but unfortunately I get stuck in the loading screen and can see the following messages in the log:

Greeting’s

wear apk installed fine, thanks again :+1::+1:

Do you have installed Android wear also on your phone + Ariela of course

I am glad to hear that :smiley:

Yes I have the pro version installed

nimey mine kept timing out on loading screen because the watch would auto screen off before it loaded, try keeping the screen active while its loading.

I left it open for 5 min no progress and always the same messages in the log :frowning:

Did you had the Ariela running in this time too?

Yes I have both open at the same time . Both device where also in the same network :frowning:

Hi there, firstly I love the app, works great for what I need it for generally.

I’ve just been having issues with the persistent notification button entities updating passively (e.g the garage door button is closed by the remote and not via the app).

home assistant updates the status and Lovelace shows it as closed but the persistent notification button doesn’t update. however, if I press the button it will suddenly refresh to ‘closed’ status before triggering the door to open again.

So it looks like the buttons don’t refresh unless they are pressed? not sure, but would appreciate some help.

Thanks!

hey @Ionut - is there any way you can do a little testing to see if you can get the swipe-card to work with Ariela? I use a google coral for people detection, and keep track of the last 5 people captured, and it works nicely to swipe through on a browser, but not ariela.

hi @Ionut,

i love all the sensors, but would it be possible to add more configuration options for them?
for example the microphone sensor updates almost secondly.
would be nice if i could set a threshhold there.
most of them also could benifit, when i could set a max and min update time.

Next Ariela version will have this issue fixed.

What is the rendering mode you use in Ariela? Native or webview?

Thank you for the suggestion, i have in plan adding :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t have Web UI turned on, and I have the Lovelace UI enabled. Sorry, not sure what that translates to entirely.

Seems to be on native rendering. Can you send me by any chance via PM or something some video with the issue?

Hi @Ionut . Love the app, and I’m only scratching the surface of everything that it can do! My wife ran into an issue getting it working on her phone, however. She’s using a Moto X4, and it seems like it has a shorter display than your app expects. When she goes to the screen to “Select a certificate”, the “Continue” and “Skip” buttons aren’t visible. There is no scroll ability, so this means that she cannot continue past this screen.

You can duplicate this behavior on other devices by rotating your device into landscape mode - without the ability to scroll, you can’t get to the continue controls.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Are Google services on the android watch required ?

Hi,
I have seen a few mentions of WearOS in this thread (but almost 3000 posts, I didn’t read all ^^).
Can someone tell me if as of today, is it compatible with a wearOs smartwatch (I don’t have one now, I am currently comparing the different models) ? And if so, what is your feedback regarding user experience ?
Thanks !