Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Hello all,
Version 1.2.1.4 is out.
What’s new:

• small ui changes

Also please tell me if you would like to see the application translated in your language. Also if you want to help on translating the application do not hesitate to ask.

Hey Ionut,

Quick question.
When you’ve selected that you want to use the webgui as interface in the Ariela app, then I can’t seem to enter the Ariela menu or at least I don’t know how to get it visible.
Do I have to slide my fingers in a certain way?

Its quite simple, from the left margin just to a swipe right and the menu should popup.
Please let me know if works.

I’ve noticed Ariela is hammering my battery now. Is it because of the reconnect feature ?

Sorry yes! Works like a charm!

I will investigate the issue.

Hello all,

Version 1.2.1.5 is uploaded to play store. What’s new:

• reduce battery draw of the application
  • fix issue with device tracker
  • other fixes

Please test it and let me know any issues you encounter.

I seem to be unable to connect to the HA instance too. I’ve installed the latest version from google playstore (1.2.1.6) and when i try to setup a connection it won’t find the HA (which is quite possible, it’s in a different network), but when I try to add it manually it continuously gives me the ‘“Server connection failed”. Connection to Home Assistant server failed. Please check the URL / IP provided and try again.’
The URL is good as it will open up in chrome on the mobile without problem.
HA is configured with a LE certificate.
I’ve tried other ports and I do see a request come into that port (using a nc -l -p 443 for example) requesting a “/”.
If you need any debugging info just let me know and I’ll see what I can provide. It looks like in the app I can’t change anything as it doesn’t get past the configuration-stage.
PS: running on a stock nokia8, HA is a hassbian with a few extra configurations added for some of my equipment, using the default modern auth system

Hello,

Thank you for letting me know. Use Ariela settings and enable the debug mode. After that use the contact option to send me a email.

Ionut

Hi Ionut , how would I enable the settings? I can’t open any menu from the app itself (swiping etc doesn’t result in a menu popup or such). Debug-log from the HA-instance doesn’t really give me much clue at the moment as it doesn’t show clear reasons.

I will send you a debug apk that will automatic enable debug mode. Can you send me your email address via private message so i can share the debug version?

I suspect I don’t have enough posts yet to see the private message option. Perhaps you could use https://transfer.sh/ (or some other temporary upload site) to upload a debug-version.

Please install this debug apk: http://surodev.com/ariela/app-ariela-release.apk
After you try to connect to the server again find “ariela_logfile.log” on your phone and send it to me please to : [email protected]
Let me know if you have any troubles with this apk.

Just keep trying, mine took 20 odd tries and then suddenly worked. I only persevered because others have said the same thing.

Hi everyone, after looking at the logfiles produced by the APK Ionut gave we came to the conclusion that the SSL connection was broken. This felt strange as the browser didn’t give an indication of errors. After more troubleshooting it did relate to the certificates being used in HA. The intermediate certificate was incorrect.
After fixing the certificate in HA and trying again I did get a connection and now the app is working.

I also got the devicetracker working, but since I have multiple networks at home it now often switches between ‘Home’ and ‘Away’ so I’ll have to think of a way to change that to something more stable. I don’t know if ‘multiple SSIDs configured as HOME’ would do the trick or that it would be better to make something based of Long and Lat of the GPS.

hello,
I am glad that you sorted out the problem.

I could add an option to have multiple wifi networks as the home network. In this way you will be always considered home when connected to such network.
Thank you very much for testing the app,
Ionut

This would be a good idea.
I have a cheap wifi extender that doesn’t let me clone my SSID. So my phone jumps between two or 3 wifi access points. I got around this previously with Zones, but a second option would be great!

Ok then, i will add this feature as top priority(because it interfere with DeviceTracker and maybe you do not want to open garage door because of incorrect events :stuck_out_tongue:) . This new feature should be available in 1-2 days.

1 Like

Hello,

Just a little teaser of the Home Networks screen:

1 Like

Hello all,
Version 1.2.1.7 is out
What’s new:

• small UI changes in map
  • added possibility to define home wifi networks
  • small device tracking changes
    Please test it and let me know any issues you find.