Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

After update to 1.2.6, device tracker doesn’t work anymore… Always show my phone at my house…

Can you send me the logs please? Thank you.

I can’t find the log in my phone… Where is exactly this file?

Just enable debug mode in Ariela, restart the app. After that use the contact function from Ariela it will automatically send me the logs also. As alternative, the logs can be found in your phone memory in a file called ariela_logfile.log.

Also you may also want to do some debugging regarding device tracker:

1. check if device name is set in Ariela / Settings
  2. check if device appears in known_devices.yaml
  3. To reset device tracker just delete your phone entry from the known_devices.yaml, restart the HA server. Then open Ariela and enable device tracking again and check if works. Also be sure that you have the location permission active for Ariela.

You forgot about the link.

Oops, sorry: here it is http://surodev.com/ariela/app-ariela-release.apk

Logfile sent

Log sent… I did everything you tell me, but no results. Tracker is showing the exact location setted on my HA config.

I responded back. From the logs seems that you didn’t enabled Lovelace in Ariela settings (meaning the default UI from configuration.yaml is loaded)

I looked over the logs and device tracking updates are send to HA server, only that Ariela detects that you are connected to the wifi network you used to first setup Ariela. This means Ariela will update HA server that you are home.
Please check the email for more details.

Thaks, I replied your email.

Another thing, when I turn off Wi-Fi, Ariela shows me connection lost with HA, and never come back. If I turn on WiFi again, connect to HA. Strange…

Well, you will have to configure the external access too.
Meaning: from your logs i see you setup Ariela using home wifi and dyndns.org address.
But Ariela will not know that you actually entered the external access address so when you disconnect from your home wifi, Ariela will not be connected to HA. In order to avoid this, configure the external access in Ariela too using the same dyndns.org and device tracker will work.
Please let me know if works.

Sorry. I don’t want to share my logs as it has too many information about me and my home assistant.
I checked the logs myself and I think I know what is the problem, or at least part of the problem.

In the log I found this line being repeated frequently between every 30 seconds to 2 minutes

HA_HassDeviceTracker: sendTrackingState : device id = XXXX lat = XX.XXXXXX lon = -X.XXXXXXX battery = 43 device Name = XXXXX

What I noticed is that only one message in 5 minutes has new GPS coordinates.
For example:

15:22:29.911  4571  4571 D HA_HassDeviceTracker: sending 1st coordinates
15:23:33.773  4571  4571 D HA_HassDeviceTracker: repeating 1st coordinates
15:25:12.026  4571  4571 D HA_HassDeviceTracker: repeating 1st coordinates
15:27:34.649  4571  4571 D HA_HassDeviceTracker: sending 2nd coordinates (5 minutes after 1st coordinates)
15:28:10.464  4571  4571 D HA_HassDeviceTracker: repeating 2nd coordinates
15:30:11.889  4571  4571 D HA_HassDeviceTracker: repeating 2nd coordinates
15:32:54.058  4571  4571 D HA_HassDeviceTracker: sending 3rd coordinates (5 minutes after 2nd coordinates)
15:34:51.748  4571  4571 D HA_HassDeviceTracker: repeating 3rd coordinates
15:35:12.027  4571  4571 D HA_HassDeviceTracker: repeating 3rd coordinates

So it looks like Ariela is not getting new coordinates and it just sends the old ones. Is it a bug in Ariela?

Is the GPS location is activated in the phone? Ariela will send known location when:
connected to the home wifi networks
Can you tell me at least what kind of coordinates its repeating? Home or other place?

GPS was turned on. I was driving a car 50 miles per hour so every coordinates should be different.
And I wasn’t connected to home wifi

Is the high accuracy is enabled in the location? Sorry for asking so many questions but its hard to identify the issue without checking the logs.

I responded back. From the logs seems that you didn’t enabled Lovelace in Ariela settings (meaning the default UI from configuration.yaml is loaded)

matisaul:

I enabled more that one time the UI Lovelace, maybe i did the log when it was disabled, but i cannot see any card in lovelace mode, maybe because i use card-modder custom card?
But i repeat, no card shown in lovelace UI mode.

My tracking settings are
Tracking mode: GPS
Update Period: 30 seconds
Update Position: 10 meters

I can send you part of log file. I’ll just erase my private information and addresses

Do you use only card-modder?
This card is not supported by Ariela. Can you do one thing: try to add a entities or glance card and see if its shown in the Ariela (do not forget to add entities to the added card).

That will be great. It will be easy for me to investigate.

Hi Ionut,

Sorry if I was not clear but Ariela Pro is already part of a family group:

vending

Is someone able to give an example of creating a template sensor of the rssi value of a specific device only

all I can seem to get is a sensor with a ‘state’ showing ALL discovered devices results

how do I break teach device into separate sensors?

Thanks