Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

left it running for a bit and sending logs now. Thanks

Thanks, i received them and answered via email.

Thanks. All in order now.

For anyone who may search this issue. I never configured home assistant to use device tracker with mqtt. It just worked after installing Ariela. I assume some Hassio update provided the need for me to include the device tracker in my config file.

device_tracker:
  - platform: mqtt_json
    devices:
     MY_DEVICE: "homeassistant/sensor/device_tracker.MY_DEVICE"

Hello all,
Ariela version 1.3.1.5 is out.
What’s new:

• NEW: support for loading user custom certificates (PCKS + NGINX support)
  • updated Poland localization
  • updated Dutch localization
  • updated Russian localization

Ive just bought the pro version to back you because i think it is going in the right direction, one question tho how do i add entities on the lock/messages screen?

Ariela is a great app. However, I have 3 separate WiFi Access Points at home. I have added all 3 to the ‘home WiFi’ setting but the app will only connect to the HA server when it is on the WiFi network I was on, when I logged in first time.

Could it please connect to HA when connected to any ‘home’ WiFi network.

Thank you very much for the support. For adding items to notification : Ariela → Settings → Notifications → Notification Entities

If you are connected to a network (not the one you used while setup), can the HA server be accessible using same IP address used for local access ?

yesterday i intalled this app.

I am really surprised, becase i was triying to configure some things on mi raspberry using web client. The web client dont show the changes and this app is showing me the changes… WTF!!!

I cant understand. What is the reason? the interpretation of configuration.yalm is different for web enviroment and the app?

Thanks!!!

Yes. All of the 3 WiFi SSIDs / APs, listed under ‘Home Networks’ are on the same network.

I am glad it works and you like the app. Regarding your issue, maybe if you do a clean cache on your web browser the issue will be fixed?

I will add an option that will going to use internal IP when connected to a home wifi. Is this ok? :smiley:

Perhaps although I do have HTTPS and a domain name. It looks like the app simply does not try to connect if the WiFi it is currently connected to, is different to the one used when setting up.

Can you explain what you mean exactly please? Where the app should try to connect: internal or external IP?

Hi. Have the paid version of the app and absolutely love it. I am using a Honeywell wifi thermostat and when I View my overview via a web page the sensor I have at top for my HVAC will indicate the state the thermostat is in e.g Idle, Fan, Heat, Cool. None of these indications show up on the app. It just has a slash through it. The indication appears as soon as I open the web ui. Any suggestions?

I have a single home LAN with 3 separate WiFi APs with different SSIDs. A device connected to any AP can connect to the HA server either by IP (192.168.x.x - no external IP available for connection) or by FQDN. I use internal only FQDNs (not routable externally) as most of my systems are HTTPS secured with a LetsEncrypt certificate so connection just by IP is not guaranteed (as that can only be via HTTP).

It would appear the App checks if it is connected to the WiFi first used when the connection was created rather than attempting to connect if the AP the device is connected to, is listed in the ‘home LAN’ section.

My NFC is also not sent by mqtt. What would be the expected behavior? All done in back-end after reading, or would open the app to send?
Excellent application, I already bought the pro version, and I will indicate to clients.

If the same internal IP can be accessed from different AP’s then it will not going to be any problem in having a option in Ariela that will allow connecting to that IP when detected connection to a home AP.

If you have multiple NFC apps installed, the system should ask you to choose which app you wanna use for sending the TAG(in that list you should find Ariela). Else, all ready will be done in background, and no input for this operation will be displayed. I will add a toast or something when this happens.

But it doesn’t right now.

Yes, now only tries to connect if connected to the AP you choose when setup. I will add an option that when enabled, when Ariela is detecting you are connecting to a home wifi to use the internal IP.

1 Like

When I read a tag, my phone beeps, but nothing is sent to HA, any other session is working normally.

Can you enable please debug mode, restart the app, and try to reproduce the issue and send me the logs?
Thank you.

1 Like