Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Thank you very much for the information’s. I created TTS Issue · Issue #30 · MCrissDev/Ariela · GitHub for tracking the issue. I will try to replicate and see what could be the problem.

Hehehe…let’s show them that this world can be a nice place to live on :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello everyone,
I wanted to say that this is a really good app, thank you very much.

Not quite understand how to Streaming front / back camera or just get a snap from HA.
i do have 2 sensor:
camera.le_max2_back_camera
camera.le_max2_front_camera

You can trigger it by sending a mqtt.publish like this:
20190326_082136
Just check the details on the sensor option, you can see the exact topic you need to publish. It used to take a snap of your camera, apparently it is trying to stream now but it doesn’t work for me since I updated Ariela to the latest version (tries to stream video I suppose instead of taking a picture (

And this is a horrible app, it made me uninstall Zanzito and Owntracks… also it made me stop using the web apps from Chrome and spend hours on clever ways on how to use all those terrible features…

1 Like

ROTFLMAO!!

Hey I really like the app. Quick questions for anyone using the app, has it been hard on battery life? I just started using the device tracker piece as well and my battery seems to be dying fast. It could very well be related to me running Android Q as well but wanted to ask?

Thank you

You can find more details here: Front / Back Camera streaming – Ariela
Please let me know if do not work.

I believe that depends mostly on your network connection. In most of the cases if Ariela is able to have a constant connection with your server, the battery drain should not be that much. Please let us know how it behaves on your end.

Hello all,
Ariela version 1.3.1.4 is out.
What’s new:

• updated German localization
  • NEW: added Portuguese localization
  • fixed connection issue while setting up external access
  • updated Russian localization
  • reset user wifi when using logout
  • NEW: support for weblink views
  • fixed variable entities type rendering issues
1 Like

thanks for replay.
i did the same but it didn’t work…
camera
nocam

getfrontcamera:
    alias: front cam
    sequence:
      - service: mqtt.publish
        data:
          topic: "homeassistant/camera/android_le_max2_backcamera/get_backcamera"

Can you confirm that you have the Build-in MQTT client and not Home Assistant one? Note that also if you choose the Build-in MQTT client, you will need to set it up.

1 Like

i did chose the Build-in MQTT in the app.
where do i need the set ip up?

Ariela -> Settings -> MQTT -> Configure build-in MQTT client :smiley:

In fact, I did it.
MQTT connection succeeded

If still do not work, please enable debug mode and send me the logs (do not forget to trigger at least once the MQTT camera retrieve).

did it !
thanks

1 Like

I am glad i could help :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Again. Was there a recent update that I missed that broke the device tracker? I’m using the homeassistant MQTT client and my battery sensor is still working 100% but some time this week my Ariela does not seem to be posting any location information to the device_tracker.MYNAME_phone mqtt topic.

I’ve cleared Ariela’s Cache, tried switching device tracking off and then killing the app, turning it back on. No change. I even went into the settings and enabled one of the sensors I wasnt using, it gets picked up almost immediately in home assistant. Just the tracker that is no longer posting.

Any ideas?

What you can also do is, stop home assistant, clear you known_devices.yaml , restart HA. In this time, Ariela should also be closed. After HA starts, start Ariela again , go to settings -> device tracker -> disable / enable device tracker and check if works.
Please let me know if works.

Thanks will give that a try and get back

1 Like

Nope. I’m running on HA v 89.2. Maybe there were some updates, I see something about changes in the latest releases regarding mqtt sensors. Maybe I will update HA and see if anything changes.

Please send me the logs from Ariela so i can investigate.