Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Please, please, add support for the custom card-modder…

Hi Ionut
Feature request if possible?

• Locate my phone by sending mqtt message to Ariela which will set volume to max and ring.

• Control the “Do not disturb” option on my phone.
    This could then be used in automations, for example, I return home from work everyday between the hours of 3am and 6am. Sometimes if I forget to silence my phone and it will go off and wake my Wife!. Having this option would save me some ear aches :slight_smile:

Not sure if you have access to these options on Android but if you do there addition to the app would be great.

Mark D

I added this to my TODO list. After all official cards are supported, custom cards will be available.

I will add this to my TODO list. Thank you or suggestion.

I will have to investigate this, so adding this also to my TODO list.

In theory, many things are possible, so if you have any ideas, please share and i will see what i can do about that :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the MQTT camera resolution , works great !!

1 Like

Hello @Ionut,

Great app and great updates as usual. Just chiming in for a little bug: the icon for the mobile phone battery has probably a typo in the 70-79 range and it doesn’t show.

Have a nice weekend!

Thank you for letting me know, i will fix this asap.

Hello everyone,

In the next period (until 20 April) i will be traveling so updates to Ariela will not be available like it was until now. After 20, the updates rate will be like normal.
Sorry for inconvenience.

7 Likes

Have a great trip.
I think all of us can wait a little. The update frequency was anyway unbelievable high :slight_smile: Thanks for your great work.

Hi! Just found out about Ariela, very nice.

I also found a bug, when I want to use the thermostat function (tado) the app crashes.

Please look in to this, but first enjoy your traveling!

Same happens here for my Nest so it is not limited to Tado.

Hi - just out of curiosity - any progress with this feature?

When i get back from my trip i will prioritize this.

Does this app require Google Play Services? I’m able to start Ariela and enter my setup information. However when it arrives at the main interface the only thing which appears is the spinning circle, and then multiple “Unfortunately Ariela has stopped” messages. Tried a number of different combinations of settings (oddly I can still access the settings menu while this happens), basically disabling anything I thought was “extra” during troubleshooting like notifications, MQTT, location, etc.

Upon looking at the log file it looks like the problems start when Ariela reports Google services are missing and the Play Store cannot be found. My device does not have Google services.

I’m happy to provide a log file if that helps, but also understand completely if my edge case isn’t high on the priority list for development. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hello Aaron,
Please provide the logs so i can fix this situation.
Thank you.

Could you add WiFi RTT 802.11mc support into the app? I found this

This reports roughly how many millimeters you are away from each access point that supports 802.11mc

Yes, i already added this to my TODO list. Thank you very much for suggestion.

1 Like

Hello.
First, thanks for the great app. Bought the pro and using it all the time.

I am missing a basic feature in the app when selecting Lovelace menu.
In the -Entities- card the -Show header toggle- is not present.
Can this be fixed?

Hello
I was wondering, is it possible to add some sort of find-my-phone functunality to the app? so when I call the script in HA, your app starts the alarm on the phone ar tablet. something symilar to IFTTT or Llamalab automate, but more reliable and less complicated.

Hi, you are using web ui or standard native?

Yes i have in plan adding a alarm sound functionality, that when you will trigger a MQTT topic, the alarm will be heard.

I am using standard native with lovelace selected