Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

Please send me the logs so i can investigate. Thank you.

Hi I can’t view the custom dark sky weather card using lovelace ui using ariela…

I"m getting invalid config with these that were copy and pasted from the app.

- platform: mqtt
    name: "Leela Phone Battery"
    state_topic: "homeassistant/sensor/android_leelaphone_battery/state"
    unit_of_measurement: '%'
    value_template: "{{ value_json.level }}"
    json_attributes_topic:
      - voltage
      - temperature
      - status
      - power
      - health
      - technology

It works with json_attributes: but homeassistant shows [homeassistant.components.mqtt.sensor] configuration variable "json_attributes" is deprecated, replace with "json_attributes_topic" in the logs.

Custom cards are currently not supported.

I know, this issue will be fixed in the next version. You can use something like:

- platform: mqtt
    name: "Leela Phone Battery"
    state_topic: "homeassistant/sensor/android_leelaphone_battery/attributes"
    unit_of_measurement: '%'
    value_template: "{{ value_json.level }}"
    json_attributes_topic:"homeassistant/sensor/android_leelaphone_battery/attributes"

Also, i am back from my travel. This means Ariela development will be back like before :smiley:

2 Likes

So I work on a ship, meaning I’ll be away from a stable Internet connection for a a couple of hours at a time every day every other week and I’ve noticed that Ariela pops up a message every time it fails to connect if auto reconnect is turned on, which can be a bit annoying if I’m trying to do something.

Could we get a toggle for it to fail silently unless I’m actively trying to use the app (I.e. Toggling widgets or similar)?
Haven’t looked at how smart it is about the reconnection attempts, does it wait for a Internet connection if there isn’t one and it’s not connected to a home network or does it just try to brute force the connection? Could be nice to have a toggle for that aswell if its just brute forcing atm.

Thank you for the suggestion, i will add it to my TODO list. You can also close Ariela (from navigation drawer -> option exit). In this way Ariela will not work in background. But if you want to click on widgets for example it will auto connect and do the action.

I really want to keep it running since I use it for tracking and automations based around my position so that isn’t really an option, unless I’m really bothered by the messages, since I know I will forget to turn it on again.
But in the meantime I can manage, it’s really nothing more than an annoyance atm.

Hello all,
Version 1.3.2.0 is out.
What’s new:

• updated MQTT sesors configuration
  • updated Portuguese localization
  • updated German localization

Hello,

Version 1.3.2.1 is out.
What’s new:

• fixed media player entity display issue
  • fixed issue with front camera detection
  • set show_header_toggle to true if not set
  • NEW: Spanish localization

I’m loving Ariela as a solution to my home assistant on phone issues. I did upgrade to the PRO version in recognition of the quality of the app. Thanks ionut :-).

I do have one issue: I can’t get the app to exit “Web UI” mode. Restarting the app or the phone doesn’t help. I think I am overlooking something obvious, but finally had to resort to asking for help ;). The web UI just occupies the whole of the screen and there appear to be no buttons or keys which will enable me to exit the web UI and access the rest of the app interface.

Any help much appreciated.

(Pixel 3 XL, Ariela Pro 1.3.2.1 - but has been this way for a few weeks now.)

Hi,

Thank you very much for the support, i really appreciate it. About your issue, just swipe right from the left margin of the phone and the navigation drawer should appear. Please let me know if works.

Ah - that was it (sheepish grin). Thanks for the quick response…

1 Like

Just seeing this…

Ariela support WebRTC (camera+microphoe)?

What do you mean? :smiley:

Not for the moment, but thank you for the suggestion, i will add it to my TODO list.

Hello all,

Version 1.3.2.2 is out.
What’s new:

• NEW: webview mode: added possibility to refresh page (reload)
  • added ability to scroll badges in order to fit more items
  • fixed Fan speed selection issue
  • other UI changes
3 Likes

Very useful feature but looks like there is a bug. It is not possible to scroll the page up because Ariela is refreshing the page instead. It happens only on configuration pages. Lovelace pages work fine

Thank you for letting me know. I will investigate the issue.

1 Like

Hello,
Version 1.3.2.3 is out. What’s new

• updated Spanish localization
  • NEW: ability to show entity state in notification
  • disabled swipe to refresh option in the webview mode

Note: Swipe to refresh option has been removed for now in webview (maybe another way it will be implemented in the future). Also, i have in works swipes in order to change tabs in webview mode so please stay tuned :smiley:

Is anyone else getting an error stating “Integration fcm-android not found when trying to verify its notify platform.” when trying to ‘Check Config’ within HA? Started happening after 0.92 upgrade, even after following all the info on Github incl. creation of the empty __ init __.py file (ignore the spaces, this reply was formatting the double underscore weird, I have it correct in HA). I’m super bummed to have broken my notifications, but am surprised I’m not seeing any reports of similar issues!