Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

What I would like to point out again:
Ariela is far ahead any other mobile solution, you’re giving an amazing and fast support, your solution is a real value add for HA and therefore should be from my point of view the! official mobile solution for HA.

Thanks for you’re great work. I hope, somebody of the core team will contact you regarding this.

cheers
Jörg

3 Likes

Great work!

Now if you could just get the app to switch on my kettle and make me a coffee it would be golden! :blush:

1 Like

With some hardware improvements to your kettle this can be done :smiley:

And if it could also bring it to me? That would be good!:rofl:

In all seriousness, keep up the great work!

1 Like

The web UI pull-to-refresh feature still does not work properly. When I open the hassio menu item with all the add-ons I can scroll down ok ,but when I let go and try to scroll up the it won’t scroll but instead triggers the refresh feature.
I have to scroll down a bit to then scroll up In the same gesture to get back to the top.
And that workaround won’t even work if you’ve scrolled all the way to the bottom.

It is easy to fix, though. Just check the current scroll position of the webview and allow pull-to-refresh only when it is at the very top. Otherwise let it scroll.

Hehe, believe me that is not that easy fix :stuck_out_tongue:
Still, you have a new option that allow disabling pull to refresh option until i figure it out how to fix it.

My wife and I have noticed unusually high battery usage the last couple of days from Ariela. I turned off a couple of sensors to see if that fixes it.

Ok, please let me know how it goes.

The app crash after configure the conecction. And now, when I open the app crash.

I have the last version and I sent some crashs logs.

Thank you, i will check it out

That horizontal card option fixed my issue.

You’re the man! Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the development of this app. I love being able to connect remotely using a certificate over nginx

Is it possible to pass the certificate for Android Wear and the web view or is that an Android platform limitation?

1 Like

For the moment is not possible to pass to Android Wear the certificate. Regarding webview and certificate that i will have to investigate.

I found that turning off the autoreconnect option has resolved the bulk of the battery drain.

1 Like

Hi Ionut, would it be possible to create something like a notification sensor that could send the latest phone notifications received from other apps to HA via MQTT or something? If you understand what I mean!

For example I get FIFA notifications when my team scores so if I could get this into home assistant I can create automations based on this

So if i understand correctly: you want a sensor that can send updates with what other applications notifications are received?

Yes, that would be perfect especially if it includes the message displayed in the notification

Yes, i just tried and its possible to do that. Ariela can send the notification title, notification message, and the application package name. Of course in order for this to work, you will have to give Ariela permission to read notifications.

1 Like

Almost done :smiley:

1 Like

Amazing, thanks! :grinning:

1 Like