Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

HI,

I noticed that from few updates ago the app has become less stable: it seems that it is connected with HA (I don’t see any connection timeout message) but then in HA there are not update regarding mqtt status and location.

I have to force close app (that is pinned to be always open) and relaunch it. The issue is both present on xiaomi mi6 and xiaomi redmi note 7.

First of all thank you for the great app, support, updates and everything else absolutely love it.
I am really a fan of the MQTT sensors, which I can use in automations.

But I got a small request: maybe add the alarm name to the MQTT alarm sensor.

The reason I want/would like this is because I wrote an automation to partial open my curtains a bit before my alarm goes off. Only sometimes I had issues with other alarms so I wrote some hacky if statements to prevent that. I don’t know if this is technically possible though.

Thanks in advance and would like to hear what you think of it.

Hello,
Regarding location / MQTT please try this:

1. stop HA server
  2. from known_devices.yaml delete your devices
  3. Start HA server
  4. From Ariela disable / enable device tracker. Disable / enable MQTT sensors.

Its possible that at some point Ariela device name identifier was lost and that’s why device tracker and mqtt sensors fails to update since new device name identifier is used.

Let me see what i can do and if its possible. :smiley:

1 Like

Hello,

Version 1.3.3.3 is out.
What’s new:

• NEW: MQTT Notification grabber (send notifications info from other apps to Home Assistant)
  • fixed crash when device tracker name can’t be retrieved
  • other fixes

Notification grabber sensor documentation can be found here:
http://ariela.surodev.com/2019/05/27/notifications-grabber/

Oh wow this is awesome. I’ve been using tasker and auto notification specifically for this purpose. Thanks for the cool addition.

1 Like

I am glad to hear that. If you or anyone else have some ideas that can be implemented in Ariela, please let me know :smiley:

It doesn’t seem that the surodev.com domain is online. Did something expire?

I just have to chime in…
I bought the pain APP shortly after finding it simply because I was just starting in HA and wanted a way to get phone notifications easily - it is probably only the 3rd app I have ever paid for (just so you understand my point of view).

I have been thoroughly happy with the APP - but I have to say… you are dedicated, hard working, and really good…
Adding a phone notification MQTT message AND IN LESS THAN 4 HOURS FROM REQUEST?!?!?

You my friend… and something else.
I am more than impressed.

Kudos.
DeadEnd

2 Likes

Its working now :slight_smile:

Thank you very much, i am very glad you like my work :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Ionut, I have an idea:
My wife often checks my position when driving home in order to know where I am and when I can be expected to be back.
Klicking into the map and zooming in is especially on a phone not very comfortable.
My request: when tapping on a badge, which represents geografical information (person, device_tracker) you show the detailed information. A button in this screen “show on Map” switches into the map and zooms automatically in.
That would help a lot.
When switching into the map via menu, no change is necessary.

Thank you for the suggestion. This can be done.

According to this post, the value Ariela publishes for SSID contains literal double-quotes.

I’m not currently using Ariela, so I cannot confirm it, but if it’s true then it’s a mistake. String values, for either states or attributes, should not include literal delimiters (it’s not done anywhere else in Home Assistant).

For example, if one’s SSID is myhomenetwork then it should appear in the attribute like this:

myhomenetwork

not like this:

"myhomenetwork"

Hello,
Next version of Ariela will have this fixed.

Hello,

Version 1.3.3.4 is out.
What’s new:

• remove quotes in wifi mqtt sensor ssid
  • fixed invalid battery mqtt sensor icon display
  • setup screen UI changes and simplification
  • other UI changes
  • hardware accelerated UI drawing
1 Like

Excellent work Ionut.

Thanks for the app. I was able to successfully set it up on HassIO 0.93.1 by using HANotify and enabling firebase notification in your app, (not really am sure about the remaining options on the notifications page on the mobile app - is there any help or documentation for it).

Also tried the callback feature using automations to trigger an event from the mobile notifications button.

Just want to know can we customize the notification sounds for Ariela notifications to distinctly identify messages coming from HA.

Thanks.

Hi,

HANotify is not really required for sending notifications starting with HA version 0.92. THe mobile_app component if enabled will do just fine. Using Ariela this should be auto enabled. More details you can find here: http://ariela.surodev.com/2019/05/08/push-notifications-2/

About your notifications suggestion let me see what i can do about that.

Hey Ionut,
Thanks a lot for your awesome app, I’ve bought the Pro version to say thank you. :heart:

Can you please consider in the future to add find3 integration?Or something similar to get internal positioning

That would be great! That’s the only thing missing from this really complete client.

Hi, thank you very much for your support, i am glad you like the app.
I have in the works WiFi RTT (internal positioning using wifi) so please stay tuned.

If I leave the connection retry setting turned off, it doesn’t maintain connection and keep track of location/sensors.

Sadly, it looks like I have to leave it on and deal with bad battery for the time being. I think it would be good to put in some checks to alleviate the constant reconnection.

If going from no-wifi to wifi connection, reconnect and send data. If going from wifi to no-wifi, reconnect <configurable> number of seconds

Device tracking is a really tough thing to nail down. I might have to switch to Tasker if I can’t figure out something.