Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

After todays HA update and app update I have problem with right GPS position.
Now I am at work and app shows that I am out of town.

Both mobile app and see turned on in app

What Ariela version you have?

version: 1.3.4.0
build time: 2019-06-13 11:11:37

Send me the Ariela logs over email and i will take a look.

Just restart phone, turn on debug mode, restart an app and noticed that GPS is ok now :slight_smile: but send you e-mail with log. (sbayata).

Well, just looked at Yandex.maps It was bug in our country with GPS/GLONASS, I don’t know. Many of people reporting that they have been in that place )))

1 Like

Hello guys,

I know that Ariela looks kinda bad in tablet mode (wall dashboard) so i was thinking that we can have something like this:

What do you think about the design? Note that this will be available in Android TV also :smiley:

Looks nice :slight_smile: Any chance to have the cameras stream the live view also from within the small “preview”?

I could add an option for that, but note that a lot of trafic will he done when using 4G so by default streaming will he off :slight_smile:

Looks nice!

1 Like

If anyone has any ideas on how it can be improved please let me know :smiley:

Could you remove my IP address from the greylist so I can use the app again?

Send me a private message with your ip address and i will see what i can do.

Hi,
I installed the Pro version but localization is not working fine for me. I get latitude and longitude inverted so according to Ariela I am currently somewhere on the arabic sea…
Am I doing something wrong? I kinda buy Ariela because I hoped it would provide better localization than Owntracks… is it a bug or just me? is there a setting I can flip?

A.

What Ariela version you have?

I believe it is a bug.
Location was working fantastically for me until the last few days.
Updating to the newest Ariela app fixed it -

@Ionut - I did notice that my Device Tracking setup was reset after updating and using the Mobile App for Device Tracking. I assume due to the change this was required - but wasn’t sure if you knew it did that.

I am on 1.3.4.0 - installed the 13th of June.

I would say check the device tracker setup then.
There are two new switches to enable device.see and to use Mobile_App or the “old method” FCM-android.

After checking this, also take a look at your device tracker Tracking Mode/updates period/updates position.
My settings for these three were all reset and I had to put them back to the way I liked.

Let us know if these fix your issue (might have to wait for next push to HA).

Uhm, I don’t think this is it. See, my coordinates are inverted (latitude reported as longitude and viceversa) and actually according to Ariela’s map (not only HA) I am in the arabic sea.

I don’t believe it’s simply reporting. I did play with the switches (although I don’t know what the difference between mobile app/ see is.

A.

This was a issue present in the old version. If you have the latest version try to turn off Location from Phone and then back on and see if its updating (also try to do that while using 3G/ 4G and not home wifi). This will force the location to be updated. Please let me know if works.

Yes! It did it!
Good 'ole fashioned restart :slight_smile:

Thanks guys!

1 Like