Ariela - Home Assistant Android Client

yeahh great!!!

Your the boss! :wink:

wait for it! thanks a lot!

1 Like

No I have everything marked to use mobile not mqtt.

Then if you do a HA reboot no sensors with duplicate names should appear.

Yea I’m not sure why it’s still showing up. I’ve deleted the .db file. Modified all the core files in .storage to ensure they aren’t in there. I’ve done all of this multiple times they just won’t go away.

reinstall a fresh one Ha in 94.2 and go again with your sensors…and all will be fine…

Is there a way to get ariela to show live camera views? On web love lace my cameras show live images in the picture entity card. If I click on them it also pulls up a bigger stream. Ariela appears to show a static image, and tapping shows info about the access token. Any suggestions?

Not for now because it will going to consume a lot of user 4G data. I will add a switch that when enabled it will stream video on those cards. Btw, what is the card config you mentioned that shows the camera with access token?

Gotcha. I’m going to use it for a wall mounted tablet on the local network, so data isn’t a concern. Here’s what I get if I click on the card atm.

Can you tell me your card configuration please?

camera_view: live
entity: camera.laundry_room
type: picture-entity
1 Like

Can some one give me an example using the notification grabber as a trigger, trying to use it for skybell when it detects the button press.

Besides that, I also found a bug in the same screen.
The ‘input source’ dropdown actually consists of ‘sound mode’ values. The second dropdown is empty.
so currently no way to change input source.
ariela

I created a issue here so you can track the issue.

1 Like

Had Ariela on phone, and everything seemed to work fine in first few hours (didn’t do much but basic setup of home assistant). Liked your effort and bought pro version to support it, only have problems since :slight_smile:
Front and back camera where added as mqtt sensors (mosquito is set to autodiscovery so they were added automatically). After some time, they disappear from home assistant, then I have to disable it in app, and then enable it again to get it back.
Also, front camera image is not working (it’s just black screen, nothing on it) while back is working ok.
Sometimes built in mqtt takes a lot of time to send back picture (don’t know is this because image is too big for it or what), sometimes just doesn’t send anything and i have to publish mqtt message again to get image, and when I select home assistant mqtt client it doesn’t send anything back.

If member of a group is a group also, it doesn’t show. And I have no idea how to enable lovelace ui (maybe that will fix this problem), i get message lovelace is not instaled, have no idea where it should be installed and how to install it.
App gets constantly disconnected, and then reconnecting.
Lot of times when I try to do rehresh (with scroll on screen, it stucks, circle on screen just staying there untill i restart app)
Sorry to say this, but i regret buying pro version because app that works some times and sometimes not, it’s not for me
Don’t get me wrong, I like what you doing and appreciate your effort, keep it up, just saying I didn’t have really nice experience with app, from few things I did set up, allmost none of them worked as intended

What version of HA are you using, Lovelace has been the default UI for a number of releases and would be installed

Home Assistant 0.94.3
Just installed it few days ago, don’t think there is anything newer than this

The cameras are not added automatically you will have to enable them from Ariela to be discovered by Home Assistant.

Did those cameras disappeared because you restarted your HA? No MQTT sensor(Ariela or other type) that is discovered will persist if you do a Home Assistant restart? If you want them to persist you just need to add those sensors configuration that is showing in Ariela to configuration.yaml

Try to select in Ariela a lower image quality and see if the issue is resolved.

What HA version you have? Can you try in HA web version to take control over lovelace?

This most likely seems a connection issue. Can you share Ariela logs so i can investigate?

No worries.

Please send me the logs so i can investigate. If it happend to you it could happen to others too.

Btw, what is your Ariela version?

For cameras, that is what i mean, after I enable them in Ariela, they are added to home assistant. Does it happen only after restart, not sure, will keep my eye on it for next few days.
And have no idea why only back camera works, front sends black image (nothing on it)
I have Home assistant version 0.94.3 running on raspberry pi with hass.io
Ariela is: Ariela PRO Version: 1.3.4.0
I will send you logs when I’m back home

Just to put in my 2 cents.
The last week or so I had noticed this sporatically as well.
Not sure if it was an HA or Ariela update - but occasionally I have the app hang, and then it disconnects.
I have also been adding configurations etc. so I don’t know if it was the app - I just assume it will setting when I stop tinkering.

I have also been getting this - also on HA 0.94.3.
I use the web interface primarily, so I haven’t complained - but when I flagged this setting I also got that error. Home Assistant is using the default setup - I haven’t customized the interface at all (aka no lovelace-ui.yaml file.)

Thanks!
DeadEnd

Send me the logs so i can investigate please :smiley: