Arm and Disarm alarm using Google Assistant

Hi,

I have BWAlarm (ak74 version) installed using HACS and its working perfectly. I am trying to arm and disarm it using Google Assistant. This is how it is exposed to Google Assistant:

alarm_control_panel.house:
  expose: true

When I try to do so, Google Assistant say:
“There is an error with House (name of my alarm)'”

If I manually arm it, it will say “House is already armed”

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,

Have you set a secure pin, and have you tried asking Google to resync your devices?

I use pretty much the same thing,

google_assistant:
  project_id: xxx
  expose_by_default: false
  secure_devices_pin: 'xxx'
  entity_config:
    alarm_control_panel.house_alarm:
      name: House Alarm
      expose: true
      room: House

No issues for me.

2 Likes

I use BWAlarm (ak74 version) as well, I recently tried exposing it to Google Assistant with similar settings above. I find that arming the alarm works OK as long as you specify Home or Away. Disarming seems slightly faulty though as when I’m asked for the PIN (which I have set as a 4 digit numerical PIN) Google Assistant seems to place a zero before it, and this fails to disarm the alarm. I can only disarm the alarm by manually entering the PIN on my phone. More investigation required!

I think setting the pin did it. Works like a charm. Thanks all

can anyone help. I am using Google assistant as well and not sure how do I tell google to arm house in sleep mode or away mode. How would I add that?

You write it as a script and make that script available in cloud settings for Google Assistant (in HA).
Then add “Home assistant” integration to Google home on your phone.
The script will show up in Google Home with the same name as the alias you gave the script.

Activite the google assistant skill with the wake-up words “hey google activate (alias for script)”

Is this in planes in configuration yaml ?