Armageddon for z-wave

If you have a > 2’ USB extension cable laying around you may want to try getting the stick away from the USB Port.

From my point of view, its nothing wrong with the Aeotec controller.
I have successfully transfer all node to new (old) USB controller, and have same issue with Z-wave JS to MQTT.
It’s working for 15min-1-2 hours, and then stop responding. Needed then to restart the system, to get it back up working.

Im not sure what to do here….
When problem appear, it was after upgrading to Core 2022.3.3. After struggling, I restore it back to (was an good working system) 2022.2.9.
This result of working system for 4-6 hours, after that same issue with Z-wave JS to MQTT as in 2022.3.3.
Before updating, system worked stable for app. 1 month.

I can find a extension cable, but there has not been any issue with this since December 2021 when I transfer from Fibaro HC2 to HA.
Strange that its suddenly should be effected with interference.

Running stable for almost 20 hours i guess. What dit i change… well not software of any kind.
I run a raspberry pi 4 (always have)
My theory… since the releases of HA became more advaced… i guess it also has impact on the system.
I guess it uses more CPU more power etc. Maybe the USB cannot handle the power output. So i connected my usb hub to an external powersupply and removed a usb cable to shorten the total lenth.

Since then it has run stable. So I am starting to believe the power was insufficient for my USB stick
I am not trying to buy something like this…

USBGear USB 3.0 4 Port Power Hub

The more stuff runs on the Pi the more power it uses the less is availabel for the Aeotec…
hmmm probably USB 2.0 hub since 3.0 has problems with AETEC wasnt this an issue??

Well i keep you guys informed of my findings for now it runs stable again… Lets see for how long…