Asterisk Mailbox

Hello Everyone.

I just updated Home Assistant and got the notice: “The Asterisk Voicemail is being removed. This stops working in version 2024.9.0. Please address before upgrading.”

I have the Python module asterisk_mbox_server set up on a server and I use the ‘Asterisk Voicemail’ integration in HA for my frontend to see and listen to voicemails.

I’ve had this setup for years and was wondering what my options are going forward to keep this working?

If anyone has any insight I’d be really appreciative!

Garry

1 Like

Sometimes people in the Community take the HA Integration code (for the Integration that is being removed) and turn it into a Custom Component. Although I don’t use this Integration, from what I found on the Pull Request to remove it, it doesn’t appear to be a technical issue, so maybe someone can easily turn it into a Custom Component for you (or possibly you could do it yourself).

I started to use it recently and loving it.
I am looking forward to seeing the options too!

It said, it stops working in version 2024.9.0, but it already stopped working from 2024.5. How come?

Got it back working in 2024.6 by,
extracting asterisk_mbox component from the core 2024.4, and had to modify manifest.json and init.py to surpress the errors, and putting it into custom_components folder and restart.

That’s awesome rkjr! What specific changes did you make to manifest.json and init.py to get it going?

Garry

Unfortunately with the 2024.9.0 release, the team removed the mailbox integration from the core, which the asterisk mbox integration relies on, so it is completely broken now.

Unfortunate for sure. I’m not giving up on it yet. Steep learning curve but I’m taking a crack at coding a custom component. I’ll report back if there’s any success. :slight_smile:

1 Like