AstroWeather Integration

I have two questions about your integration:

1. Is it possible to have italian translation?
  2. Can you share the code of the screenshot in the first page of your github about astroweather?

Thanks in advance…

Hi,
personally, I could only use Google Translate for the Italian language. If you’d like to help I’d be happy about a PR :slight_smile:
The English language file is here

I guess you mean this.

I love the idea of this integration - thanks for creating it, @maralex !

I’m struggling to get it to work so far though so if anyone has any advice I’d appreciate it. I’ve installed the integration via HACS then restarted HA. I wasn’t entirely sure what to do next since the instructions say “To add AstroWeather to your installation, go to the Integration page inside the configuration panel and AstroWeather.” I’m assuming this means I need to go to the normal HA Settings → Devices & Services → Add Integration, then search for AstroWeather there, now that it’s been installed via HACS. When I do that, it fires up the config flow with a message saying “Please wait, starting configuration wizard for AstroWeather”. However it gets stuck at this point for about 30 seconds and then gives me an error message that says "Config flow could not be loaded: " which is followed by the html contents of some page that contains language like “Sorry, the page you are looking for is not found.” The strange thing about the html content is that it seems to be coming from synology.com (referenced within the html) and my HA instance is hosted in a docker container on a Synology NAS, but I can’t yet see what the integration is trying to do which results in it trying to access whatever bad URL that is. The html content is the same as if I do something like this:

curl http://localhost/intentionallyBadUrl

So astroweather is most likely attempting to access some local resource but with an invalid URL. I’ll try to dig through the code a bit but if anyone has any tips on what fixes this please shout.

EDIT: Nevermind, I restarted HA again after enabling debugging to try to diagnose this and now it’s working. Odd but maybe something just didn’t load properly the first time. Looking forward to giving the integration a shot now. Thanks again.

Hey and thanks for this integration. Been using it for a while now and I’m currently trying to localize the entity names in my environment and to understand what each entity means. Would it be possible to have some kind of explanation of the created entities on the GitHub page (or here)? Or could someone explain to me at least what these specific entities are meant for/what does the data represent:

• Time Shift
  • Seeing Plain
  • Lifted Index
  • Lifted Index Plain
  • Deepsky Forecast Plain
  • Clouds Plain
  • Transparency Plain

These are the ones I’m having trouble understanding, and Google hasn’t been that useful, or I can’t find the correct pages.

Hi,

• Time shift: is the time difference of the configured astroweather instance location to UTC.
  • Seeing plain: is the human-readable translation of the seeing.
  • Lifted index: also known as CAPE. The higher the value is, the less probable thunderstorms are.
  • Lifted index plain: is the human-readable translation of the lifted index
  • Deepsky forecast pain: is a bar graph for the night. The higher the bar the better the conditions are.
  • clouds & transparency plain: is the human-readable translation of the clouds & transparency

hope this helps!

It does. Thank you very much!

Not sure if somebody else had this problem and solved it.
I installed through HACS and the readme says the following:
To add AstroWeather to your installation, go to the Integration page inside the configuration panel and AstroWeather.
During installation you will have the option to:

** verify the longitude and latitude for the forecast**
** set the elevation**
** set the timezone**
** set the interval for updating forecast data**
** set the weightings for cloud coverage, seeing, and transparency for the condition calculation**

This does not happen so now I’m wondering where the integration page is and how to load it. I’m running HAOS 2024.1.0

Settings → Devices & Services

Thanks Tom, I can see HACS and the services and entities that’s installed but I cannot complete the configuration of the for the service, i.e. set long/lat, elevation, time zone, etc. At the moment the astroweather service and entity is of no use to me due to this missing information when trying to add the astroweather card.

So you have gone to Settings → Devices and Services, added the astroweather integration there but can’t configure it?

:man_bowing: :man_facepalming: done… thanks. Missed the integration installation part.

1 Like