AstroWeather Integration

Hi Stargazers,

while ago I started my hobby of astronomy and stargazing. One of the most important things around this are obviously the seeing conditions and therefore a reliable forecast to plan the nights. From my personal experience, the most reliable service out there is 7timer.info. For iOS and Android there are apps available. With my little AstroWeather you can easily integrate the forecast into Home Assistant and create some automations to remind you to reserve the upcoming night for deep sky objects and the galaxies out there :-).

The home of the integration is here: AstroWeather
The Lovelace card can be found here: AstroWeather Card

Happy to read your feedback and ideas,

Cheers!

4 Likes

Have you seen the custom starfield integration? It’s pretty cool too

Honestly not. Do you have a link since it seems not to be in HACS and a quick googling didn’t help? Maybe I need some coffee?

This is great. The seeing forecasts are just what I need to motivate me to drag the ol scope out.

1 Like

Sorry… bum steer… maybe I need the coffee.

:slight_smile: Thank you!

1 Like

I see that has improved a bit since I last tried it. Might be worth giving it another go.

I found previously it slowed down the front end too much but my own fault as I had everything switched on… I might try again too.

Yeah I had that issue too.

EDIT: Looks like it is still a problem: https://github.com/partofthething/ha_skyfield/issues/4

1 Like

So the latest update broke this integration. It is complaining about elevation. There does not seem to be a way to set this if the integration is already installed.

I added the additional configuration parameter elevation which is required for the setting and rising calculations of the moon and the sun. A clean install works, but obviously the update fails. Sorry that I did not detect that while testing.
I’m searching for the correct way to support an update. In the meanwhile you could remove and add the integration again. Then it should work again.

Hi tom_l,
give it a try, Update and Options flow should now work in 0.0.18.2

1 Like

Yep, works like a charm. Thanks!

I have just updated, from yesterday. So much wonderful data. Thank you.

After updating to 0.20.5

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor.recorder
Source: components/sensor/recorder.py:259
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 12:30:10 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:30:10

sensor.astroweather_lifted_index has unit ° which is unsupported for device_class temperature

Fixed with 0.20.6
Thank you

1 Like

Something happen with the latest HA build? All my entities are now unavailable. Running supervisor-2022.03.4 on HAOS 7.4

The 7timer backend had technical problems which were resolved a couple of hours before. Reloading the integration in your configuration should resolve the problem

Thanks. Ended up needing to reboot the server, reloading the integration didn’t get it working again.
Love this integraion, use it almost every day

Great to hear!