ASUS Router

I am integrating an ASUS Router using ASUSWRT using the automatic integration. The integration shows 16 devices and 37 entities. The problem is all entities are device-trackers and the sensors are just related to the ASUS itself. End result is none of my devices show up a sensor entity so I can’t add them to the interface. What am I missing?

Home Assistant 2022.7.3
Supervisor 2022.07.0
Operating System 8.2
Frontend 20220707.0 - latest

You can add any entity to the UI. Where are you trying to use the device trackers?

type: entities
entities:
  - climate.garage_thermostat
  - switch.garage_heat
  - device_tracker.my_phone

I’m actually not trying to track any devices. I’m just wanting the sensors. I expected the integration to give me the sensors in addition to the trackers. My old router automatically gave me all the sensors.

What sensors were you expecting to receive other than the ones relating to the ASUS router itself?

What was your old router? What were these sensors for and states did they have? Can you provide some examples?

I had a netgear router and after reading your questions and thinking about it, I think the problem is not the ASUS router integration. I think I have a problem with IP addresses in general - which is another posting in another group. Sorry for the bother and thanks for the help.