Asuswrt config error

Hi,
I have problem with assert component which is not loaded with HA 0.107.1
I have an error:
Invalid config for [asuswrt]: not a directory for dictionary value @ data[‘asuswrt’][‘dnsmasq’]. Got None.
Was OK with HA 0.106.6
Any ideas?

My sensor from this integration stopped working too…

I’m also having issues with asuswrt. Filling my logfile :frowning:

Same issue here, no workaround/fix yet.

Exactly the same error, this occurred after upgrading of aioasuswrt from 1.1.22 to 1.2.3 between 0,106.6 and 0.107.x

I had the exact same error after upgrading HA to 0.107.x.

I went into the asuswrt component folder and edited the init.py file. I went through and commented out every line mentioning dnsmasq because that seemed to be the source of the error, judging by the error message in HA. After doing that, I restarted HA and the asuswrt component worked correctly. No error at startup, and all my device trackers are reporting.

I still don’t know exactly what is the root cause of this issue, but I at least got it working in the meantime until this issue gets fixed in an update.

2 Likes

How to find assert component folder?

It depends on how you have HA installed. for me it is at /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/asuswrt

For me the issue went away after creating the folder /var/lib/misc locally. Even though it should be accessing that folder on the router itself…
I’m using macOS to run Home Assistant in a virtual env.

This looks promising, it surely has to do something with not being able to access /var/lib/misc on the router properly, I´m comparing init.py´s of both 106 and 107, not seeing anything suspect. If I may ask, where exactly in your tree do you place it locally? And could anyone file an issue on Github, I´m not exactly fluent about that.

I’ve reported the issue: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/33468

@frankovsky.juraj I just created the folder “misc” in the location “/var/lib” on my local machine (macOS)

1 Like

already fixed in 0.108.0b0 pre-release, thanks

1 Like

Back to operation in 0.108.