Asuswrt config not working 0.83.1

It just says that there is an invalid config asuswrt. Therefore presence detection is not working…
Do I need to enable something on the router side?

yes you need to enable ssh in the router under the administration>system tab. I have it set to lan only & allow password login.

if that doesn’t fix it then post your home-assistant.log file contents.

Just updated to 0.86.0 and it appear asuswrt is broken again.

2019-01-24 19:53:19 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up tts
2019-01-24 19:53:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component asuswrt
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 145, in _async_setup_component
hass, processed_config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/asuswrt.py", line 61, in async_setup
await api.connection.async_connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aioasuswrt/connection.py", line 66, in async_connect
self._client = await asyncssh.connect(self._host, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/misc.py", line 182, in __await__
return (yield from self._coro)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 5454, in connect
conn, _ = yield from create_connection(None, host, port, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 5110, in create_connection
yield from auth_waiter
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 627, in data_received
while self._inpbuf and self._recv_handler():
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 847, in _recv_packet
processed = handler.process_packet(pkttype, seq, packet)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/packet.py", line 215, in process_packet
self._packet_handlers[pkttype](self, pkttype, pktid, packet)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/connection.py", line 1414, in _process_kexinit
self._kex = get_kex(self, kex_alg)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/kex.py", line 122, in get_kex
return handler(alg, conn, hash_alg, *args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/kex_ecdh.py", line 47, in __init__
self._priv = ecdh_class(*args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/asyncssh/crypto/curve25519.py", line 31, in __init__
self._priv_key = x25519.X25519PrivateKey.generate()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/primitives/asymmetric/x25519.py", line 39, in generate
_Reasons.UNSUPPORTED_EXCHANGE_ALGORITHM

Any help appreciated

Im getting errors also
Unable to prepare setup for platform device_tracker.asuswrt: Could not set up all dependencies.

EDIT: I removed the device tracker and now getting the exact same error as @bedo2405

0.86, I receive this

2019-01-24 10:45:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of device_tracker.asuswrt. Setup failed for dependencies: asuswrt

2019-01-24 10:45:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform device_tracker.asuswrt: Could not set up all dependencies.

2019-01-24 10:45:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of device_tracker.asuswrt. Setup failed for dependencies: asuswrt

2019-01-24 10:45:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform device_tracker.asuswrt: Could not set up all dependencies.
1 Like

Same here, error with the asuswrt and HA 0.86.1

Same here, same errors!

Apart from the problem with 0.86…
Is there anything I need to enable on my router?
And the config needs to be on root level, right?

So like:

homeassistant:
  name: Home

asuswrt:
  host: 192.168.1.1
  username: <MY-USER-NAME>
  password: <MY-PASSWORD>

Cause i still see this error:

The following components and platforms could not be set up:
asuswrt
Please check your config.

did you not see my post above:

It may very well be a HA issue tho but you haven’t pasted the logs I suggested yet to get any further details on what the problem might be.

try enabling SSH on your router first to see if that fixes it first tho.

Could you guys help to place a comment on this issue please?

That would help the developer to fix it soon

THANK YOU! After much troubleshooting and re-configuring it turns out THIS was the issue. I had to specifically call out port 23 for telnet and I’m running v86.4

V

Where do you see that info about port?

Have you tried telnetting into your router from the command line?
$ telnet 192.168.1.1
It will ask you for username and password. If you can’t establish a connection that way, there is a good chance that you haven’t allowed telnet access in your router’s configuration.
In my router control panel there is an option called “Local Administration” where I had to check “using primary telnet port (23)”.

Jardi.

but if all is working? why are there so many people complaining that this asuswrt component is broken?
havent tried it yet myself, have a new asus router, just following those topics here

Maybe most of them (incl. me) had the same first experience - fail instead of configure and use… It can be little frustrating when You caught that think in mind to being forced to throw asus away and upgrade network hdw in to the compatible… payment. :slight_smile:

Did someone have two (or more) asus routers in the old (HA0.81) device_tracker platform?

With the new asuswrt component I can only specify a single router?

it’s “working” again, but it you wait a while it stops recording component states… So it doesn’t work for more than 3 hours…

It’s a shame…

Not sure if this helps the conversation or just adds confusion. When I first installed Hass.io it detected and provided sensors for my older Asus router. At some point, they were cluttering up my home page, so I removed the badges. Once that happened, I could never seem to get them back.

As of v0.87, I made another effort (re-reading many of these threads) to get it going again. My current .yaml entry is this:

asuswrt:
host: 192.168.xx.x
username: admin
password: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
protocol: telnet

After a reboot, the sensors for various sent/received variables re-appeared, but but device tracking is still broken and I see this in the log:

2019-02-12 13:59:21 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component asuswrt
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 145, in _async_setup_component
hass, processed_config)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/asuswrt.py”, line 61, in async_setup
await api.connection.async_connect()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/aioasuswrt/connection.py”, line 110, in async_connect
self._host, self._port)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/streams.py”, line 81, in open_connection
lambda: protocol, host, port, **kwds)
File “uvloop/loop.pyx”, line 1879, in create_connection
File “uvloop/loop.pyx”, line 1858, in uvloop.loop.Loop.create_connection
ConnectionRefusedError: [Errno 111] Connection refused
2019-02-12 13:59:22 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of device_tracker.asuswrt. Setup failed for dependencies: asuswrt
2019-02-12 13:59:22 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform device_tracker.asuswrt: Could not set up all dependencies.

I see the “Connection Refused” bit, but I’m trying to understand how I’m able to get the stats off the router if it can’t connect. So, is it connecting for basic stuff but still rejecting the connection for the more “detailed” stuff like device tracking?

If anyone sees anything else obvious, I’m all ears. Still pretty new at this. :slight_smile:

Wrong post

Did you try setting port to 23? Telnet is typically on port 23, that’s what got it working for me.