AsusWRT issues - Constantly home/away

Hi
AsusWRT issues started I think with 0.83. Since then I have been using a custom component to get it going again (just the old AsusWRT).
From 0.88, HA complained about the format of the custom component. I renamed it and put it in the correct folder and then it was fine. (No errors)
From 0.89 HA wont run the custom component anymore. I tried to go back to the default AsusWRT component, but now while its working, it keeps me ‘home’ for 25 min, and then i show as ‘away’ for 5 minutes. It constantly cycles through like this.

Any idea on how I can fix this?
BTW Router is an Asus RT-AC66U - Telnet.

What I have just noticed now is that the home/away cycles have become a little shorter.
Is this just an issue that the updated component has with the Asus RT-AC66U, as alot of the people with asuswrt issues seems to have this router.

I have the same issue when using the AsusWRT from build 0.89 with my RT-AC66U. Also been using an old AsusWRT component in the custom component folder for a while since the new releases don’t work properly.
Now when they changed the custom component file structure I created an empty file named __init__.py in the AsusWRT custom folder and my old reliable component is working again.

Cool i can give that a go.
If I may ask, how do you create a init.py file?

I just made an empty text file but I see now that the underscores are gone in my previous text. It should be __init__.py

Ref. https://www.home-assistant.io/blog/2019/03/06/release-89/#noteworthy-breaking-changes

1 Like

OK done all that but still struggling. For the life of me I can’t figure out why.

Unable to prepare setup for platform asuswrt.device_tracker: Could not set up all dependencies.

init.py text file is in the asuswrt fiolder with device_tracker.py and pycache and still it will no longer start.

Did you change back to the old style config with only asuswrt in the device tracking configuration?

Yes I did. I still had the old one commented out so easy to put back in.

I get that fault message if I name the __init__.py without the double underscore before and after init.

Well now Home Assistant just wont start, so will have to come back to this later. :frowning:

Ok least i fixed the startup issues. Though AsusWRT still plagues me.

2019-03-19 22:03:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component asuswrt
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 151, in _async_setup_component
hass, processed_config)
File “/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/asuswrt/init.py”, line 48, in async_setup
conf = config[DOMAIN]
KeyError: ‘asuswrt’
2019-03-19 22:03:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of asuswrt.device_tracker. Setup failed for dependencies: asuswrt
2019-03-19 22:03:53 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform asuswrt.device_tracker: Could not set up all dependencies.

It used to work fine for months, so what in the update could still be hanging it up?

So after updating to 0.90, the stock AsusWRT component is working properly, without any need for custom components.

1 Like