Ata1.00 failed command: flush cache ext home assistant

This is purely for reference in case anyone else has the same problem

There is Beelink U59 Pro with HAOS installed. HAOS worked stably for almost 1 year, but after the latest OS update to version 12.1 I encountered a problem. HAOS crashed. At first, no backups were created and during the backup the backup weighed 25 GB. Then my LAN crashed, and when I connected the monitor to the Beelink U59 Pro, I saw the error ata1.00 failed command: flush cache ext home assistant

This is what the error looks like ata1.00 failed command: flush cache ext home assistant after which HAOS crashes and stops working

1. How did you fix the backup failure, after which HAOS crashed?

I deleted the old volumes and images with the command. This freed up a lot of space and after that the backup was no longer 25 GB in size, but 3 GB and HAOS did not crash.

docker system prune -a

Run this command in the SSH addon terminal. It is necessary to disable the operating system protection mode, otherwise the docker commands will not work

1. How did I fix the error ata1.00 failed command: flush cache ext home assistant?

This error indicates a malfunction of the SSD controller or hard drive, but in reality this turned out not to be the case. It was a problem in HAOS itself that caused the controller to malfunction. I ran diagnostics on the SSD and the SSD is fully functional. There were no errors or problems with the SSD. Reinstalling HAOS from scratch fixed this problem and there are no more such errors.

The question remains open. How is it that after updating HAOS the hardware malfunctions? Are drivers installed incorrectly or something else?

From glancing over it looks to be a read/write error with a corrupted update install to the instance at the time that caused a bloated file getting stuck.

This is why you want to periodically make manual backups and make sure they are usable to restore from.

1 Like

Yes you are right. I didn’t pay attention to this and from now on I will watch the backup. If the backups become bloated, I will automatically use the docker system prune -a command so as not to have to do it manually every time