Ater a while, all zigbee2mqtt devices become unavalaible

Hello everyone,
I have had the config zigbee2mqtt with CC2531 and Mosquitto MQTT broker for a while.
But it’s been two weeks now that from time to time, all zigbee2mqtt devices become unavalaible all together. The only way to make them available again is to restart zigbee2mqtt add-on.
Any clue on the reason why it’s happening ? Anyone facing the same issue ? Not sure that my mosquitto and zigbee2mqtt addon configs are neat but they were working nice before.

I had something similar… I updated to the dev version of z2m… which seemed to reduce the frequency of this error… but then I thought the latest prod version was fine I switched back… it didn’t work! tried dev again but issue was back with a bang. Finally, I reflashed the latest cc firmware and haven’t had any problems in 10 days, touch wood.

Thanks @vonagiofor your feedback. That’s a weird bug…

Did you figure it out? I suspect it was indeed the firmware. getting on for a full 2 weeks of stability now…

Also, given I’m planning on adding a bunch more devices v soon, I’ve today ordered a zzh stick to replace the cc2531. I hope this helps with stability too!

What is a zzh stick?
I haven’t figured out the bug yet. I haven’t flashed a new firmware on the cc2531 as I don’t see why I would need it ?!
The bug is still there.

I can’t say why mine started working with updated firmware but guess something in the z2m changes in the last few months didn’t like the older cc firmware I had…

The zzh is the ‘zig-a-zig-ah!’ USB stick from electro llama. They have a tindie store, should find it easily enough. It’s one of the more powerful Texas Instruments 2.4ghz chips on a user friendly usb stick with flasher integrated. Also has an external antenna.

I decided to pay the extra ~£25 as we’re continuing to add more devices to our network and the cc2531 apparently can only handle 20 at once (have 19 at the minute, so possibly the root of my issues?!). My zzh arrived today, will set aside an afternoon to run around repairing all my stuff in next few days.

1 Like