Athom Human Presence Sensor mmwave (share your experiences)

It seems that you changed the judgment logic of the occupancy sensor. In your judgment logic, Pir does not play a practical role. The purpose of using Pir is to avoid false triggering in complex environments, such as placing the sensor near a window, and the curtain will cause mmwave False trigger. The delay of 50ms is to eliminate GPIO level jitter, and the actual experience of 50ms can be completely ignored

Yes, that is correct.

How are people finding the stability of it? I have a few of the AU plugs and I find they drop from HA every minute for a fraction of a second, so my logs are full of “plug unavailable” then “plug available” a moment later (and this makes it hard to do automations).

I get that it’s cheap compared to an EP1, but I wouldn’t mind a few cheap mmWave devices to help cover the dead zones that I have (and a fully featured like EP1 for the “primary” in an area).

II has been rock solid for me so far.

No problems here too. I have two of the Athom sensors running.

I have two of these, one is working fine but the other the mmwave sensor has stopped triggering properly. It will trigger the first time after a restart / reset, but will never turn back off. The occupancy sensor linked to it is also stuck on once the mmwave sensor fires. PIR sensor still works as expected.

Spoken to Athom support and they have provided originally firmware to re-flash but it hasn’t helped. Anyone have any other ideas how I can debug this thing?

Have you tested both in the same location? Just to account for any interferences if used in different rooms/locations.

TL;DR I’ve been testing out both the LD2410 and the Dfrobot mmWave sensors and it’s hard to justify the price difference.

Around my house, I’ve got several Dfrobot sensors set up in the main spots, and they’re working really well. Lately, I’ve also given the LD1125H and LD2410C a go, mainly in my home office and living room – places where I hang out a lot during the day. Good news is, they all seem to be doing just fine. A few more notes:

1. The Dfrobot one costs quite a bit more compared to the other two.

2. The LD2410 has this cool Bluetooth thing that lets you update the firmware, but it’s only cool if the manufacturer actually brings out fixes and improvements.

3. Whenever things like fans, stuff moving in from open windows, pets, or even vacuum cleaners mess with things, all of them seem to struggle a bit.

4. Dfrobot seems more stable with possible false positives, I’m getting less of it with this sensor. Maybe it’s just that my LD2410 it’s configured too sensitive so I will continue testing

Just so you know: All these sensors work together with a PIR sensor that switches on the lights. But the mmWave sensors are only in charge of keeping the lights on once they’re already lit.

Hi, I bought one to test, and I’ve been using it for 15 days, I’m very happy with the results, I’m testing it in my home office.

It’s the first Radar device I’ve ever owned, so I don’t have anything to compare it to.
But I decided to buy another 3,

I also bought a TUYA ZY-M100-S wall mount zigbee, from and I have not been able to start it because of ZHA

Taken from the comments section here.

1. Remove device from ZHA
  2. Enable custom quirks by adding the following code to Home Assistant’s configuration.yaml file
#Enable ZHA Custom Quirks
zha:
  custom_quirks_path: /config/custom_zha_quirks/

Code language: YAML (yaml)

1. Download the ts0601_radar.py file from here ZHA support for MoesHouse (Tuya) Zigbee Presence Sensor · GitHub
  2. Place it inside the config/custom_zha_quirks/ folder (if it doesn’t exist, create it)
  3. Restart Home Assistant
  4. Re-pair the Zy-M100 to your Coordinator
  5. Done

I’ve had the athom presence sensor for a couple of weeks and it seems to work as advertised with HA. My problem is I can’t complete the adoption in ESPHome as the config fails every time I try to install an update. It stands to reason that I’d be able to essentially create a new config and install that, but I haven’t been put out enough to put forth the effort. Has anyone else had issues with the configs failing ESPHome validations?

Hello, I had already tried it and it had not worked, apparently it is because I have a new version _TZE204_sxm7l9xa zha , so you motivated me to look for information again and I found this post that has another file, and it worked halfway, it works but it did not work for me let me configure it so wait a while longer… although it seems to work fine in this “standard mode”

Anyway, I really appreciate the trouble of taking the time to help me, if you have more information SUPER!

I managed to flash this device with the wrong firmware and now it won’t work as I want it do.
Does anyone have the original firmware?

What is the configuration validation error?

It should be as linked in this post.

And here on their forum they link to this.

On the Athom forum there is a post from the makers about configuration settings.

I flashed the ESPhome code that Blakadder posted the link for above, straight out of the box, never used the stock code. So far I’m happy enough with it. I use it in an outdoor / alfresco area to control some LED strip. I haven’t yet had the LED’s turn off on me whilst out there so it seems to be doing it’s job well. It’s been a few weeks now.

1 Like

Just received my units today. Set one to charging, and hooked it up after work. It doesn’t register as a serial port on my Windows 10 laptop. No bong, no bink, no noise whatsoever. And Device Manager doesn’t show any serial ports, either. This happen with anyone else, yet?

DUH. The cable provided is for POWER ONLY, no data lines. Swapped cables, found device. DUH.

Just finished configuring and enabling the first of these Athom sensors, my back door/sunroom motion detector. There’s been an Aquara P1 PIR sensor there for over two years, and this Athom is faster and more accurate, probably because it’s got GREAT wifi signal. The only minor gripe I could possibly mention is, I wish the white plastic case could be smaller. As it is, the wife liked it because it didn’t seem out of place.

Is this still an issue for you?
I’ve got about 12 of the AU plugs around my place and don’t have that issue myself.
I did have a couple of them dropping yesterday as you suggested, but the same was occurring with my bulb (also Athom) but also my robot vac. I rebooted my AP and haven’t had the issue since.

1 Like

I’ve had one of these in my garage for a couple of months now, replacing my Aqara motion sensor - and it performs fantastically and have only had to power cycle it once in that time.

Just yesterday another one arrived that I plan to use for a family zone to control the screen on the main HA control panel screen to automatically come on/off depending on presence (it’s running on a Surface Studio 1, so with screen on the power usage is 60% higher and we’re on solar now).