Attempts to get Fanimation fan integrated into HA, Smartthings skipping the fan but imports everything else

Again, I suspect where the issue is, I sent you some messages on chat, but meanwhile made a version 2024.9.4b, pre-release, where I rigged the fan entity and HA should think that the fan supports speed percentage (despite, that it will be only 3 options). If that works, then I need to figure out how to read correctly the capabilities from the SmartThings device, if not the back to the drawing board, again.

It should show supported_features: 56 in the new version.

So, after multiple iterations and testing with @bcre3306 managed to get the fan control working through SmartThings.

The current release (2024.9.8) of the custom component will identify the fan as a fan entity, and provide on/off and speed control. Unfortunately as @bcre3306 explained the speed is 33%, 66% and 133% due to some weird behaviour in SmartThings, but it seems to be coming from the SmartThings implementation.

If interested to try it, then get the custom component from here (you can add it through HACS):

The light functionality is not implemented yet (level control), but after successful completion of the fan component the light should be easier.

@bcre3306, could you please post some pictures how the fan is identified and visible with different speeds in HA?

1 Like

Here you go. Hope this helps everyone

1 Like

Congrats on getting it worked out! Should be great for anyone else trying to integrate this in a more optimal way.

1 Like