Attention: This node requires Node-RED custom integration version 1.1.0 to be installed in Home Assistant for it to function

Hi,

If I try to use one of the „home assistant entities“ (binary sensor, button, sensor, switch) in Node-RED I get the following error

„Attention: This node requires Node-RED custom integration version 1.1.0 to be installed in Home Assistant for it to function.“

Has some one an hint how I can solve this?

I’ve install Home Assistant on a Raspberry Pi 4 64. I’ve using balenaEtcher using the latest URL to flash the SD Card with the Home Assistant OS.

Home Assistant 2022.12.6
Supervisor 2022.11.2
Operating System 9.4
Frontend 20221213.0 – latest

Node-RED - Version: 14.0.0

node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket - Version: 0.47.1

Node-RED Companion - Version v1.1.2

same issue, i run supervise HA latest (Home Assistant 2022.12.8) on a Raspberry Pi and Node Red latest (v3.0.2) in a separate docker container on a local server. Over and over again we see this issue. Node Red is very important but somehow we never had a long lasting solution for HA. :disappointed:

Are you sure you completed step 5

https://github.com/zachowj/hass-node-red#hacs

works now, cant tell why, maybe reboots, i dont know, but at least working, thanks mate

Getting this message now. Integration was working a week ago. Have tried reinstalling Node-Red Companion. Also rebooting does not help.

Home Assistant 2023.3.1
Supervisor 2023.03.0
Operating System 9.5
Frontend 20230302.0 - latest

Node-RED
Current version: 14.0.3

Node-RED Companion Integration v1.1.3

node-red-contrib-home-assistant-websocket v0.48.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Did you find a solution for this?

Unfortunately not yet. Have a Home Assistant Yellow unit coming my way (hopefully arriving soon) and I will rebuild my Home Assistant from scratch. Running off a Raspberry Pi 4 at the moment. Are you having the same issue?

Same problem. Running off a Intel NUC. No idea what the cause is.

Yes. The Node-Red integration was running perfectly before. Unsure when it stopped working. Just noticed it a few weeks ago and have been trying to find a solution.

I have been looking at the logs (HA & NodeRed ) and the only thing I find is in the NodeRed log: "[debug] [server:Home Assistant] Integration: notloaded

It would have been nice to any additional information.

Make sure you completed step 5 and that the integration is still loaded.

https://github.com/zachowj/hass-node-red#hacs

Well that helped letting me know there is a difference between my implementation and the instructions.
When I click on the “Add Integration” and it jumps into HA, I get:

Error:
This integration does not support configuration via the UI. If you followed this link from the Home Assistant website, make sure you run the latest version of Home Assistant.

I am running:
Home Assistant 2023.3.1
Supervisor 2023.01.1
Operating System 9.5
Frontend 20230302.0 - latest

Have you installed the custom integration from HACS or manually? https://github.com/zachowj/hass-node-red#manual

I have done both. First time from HACS and also manually. Same result for each. Restarted HA each time

SOLVED: I think I have tried too many different combinations. I went back and did a manual install and followed the link @Kermit posted and everything fell into place.
Word of caution though: Each time I have tried the “Devices” icon is always red and showed “This node requires Node-RED custom integration” message as well as stating it is an “Alpha version”. Once the integration was working I expected the icon to be the same color but it was still red. I initially assumed it was not working but it was. The Device icon will remain red [as of this data] because it is an Alpha implementation - but it does work.

Thanks for the help.

This confused me some. Maybe I did this out of sequence by adding the Node-Red sensor first and then trying to get the required software loaded. Step 5 says:
In the Home Assistant UI go to “Configuration” → “Integrations”
I did that several times through some reboots to no success. The problem resolved when I performed:
In the Home Assistant UI go to “Settings” → “Devices and Services” → “Integrations” → “Add Integrations” and search for Node-Red.
Then the new sensors that you have created in Node-Red are added as a new device. Obvious once done. Yeah!

Just to confirm I had the same problem and (surprise surprise!) following the exact instructions and step five makes it work.

I had skimmed through setup and seemed to have both Node Red and also the companion added - tried adding HACS, Web Socket & various things and still got the “Attention: This node requires Node-RED custom integration version 0.5.0+ to be installed in Home Assistant for it to function.” error.

The crucial bit I was missing was “Settings” → “Devices and Services” → “Integrations” → “Add Integrations” and search for Node-Red.

99% of the time when I see long lists of instructions, my eyes glaze over and I “Just go and do it” on the basis it’s pretty intuitive. Unfortunately this wasn’t - it’s not enough to have everything installed, you must follow the exact steps it seems.

On the positive, NodeRed in HA does look great - much more natural than a load of YML management.

1 Like

For me the crucial bit was adding it in HACS: