"attribute" on automation condition lost if device "off"

Have configured an automation based on “state” of an LG TV, and conditioned by an attribute “source” value, but, if I edit the automation, or reboot HA while the device is “off” the “attribute” in “conditions” is lost.

Tried to reconfigure that same condition while the device if OFF and cannot find the respective “attribute”, but, I can see all attributes listed.

Haven’t tried yet, but I’m convinced this wouldn’t be an issue is using the “automations.yaml”, it may only affect those automations configured using the UI.

From memory, do not believe this was an issue a few versions back!

My understanding is that this comes from the integration… the dropdowns populate based on what is supplied by the integration. If an attribute isn’t supplied when the device is in a certain state, it won’t show up in the State tool or be populated in dropdowns.

You can always manually type the attribute’s name into the field whether it’s currently available or not.

Fair point, but this did work in the past, and I can see the attributes and respective values unde Developer Tools - States, even with the device off!

With my Vizio tv the source attribute disappears completely when the tv is off.

Well… something must have changed, there was one more update available today and I can no longer reproduce the described.

When before, the attribute would be blanked if I edited the automation with the device off, now it doesn’t, the attribute is kept…