Audi MMI support

Audi has relatively good online information for their vehicles by now. There is a python API module https://github.com/davidgiga1993/AudiAPI – anyone like to try and integrate this into hass?

I would love to see this integration!

1 Like

This would be great!

This would be great. If only I could code…

This would be nice if someone integrate Audi MMI support into Home Assistant.

BMW connected drive is already integrated so Audi MMI should be integrated as well.

1 Like

I’m also interested but what kind of data would you be interested in? To my knowledge, getting the current location is not supported for example. If there’s an interesting use, I can implement it…

For example: The mobile app allows you to start auxiliary heating, either right away or on a timer. However, you cannot program schedules, for example every weekday morning at 7:30. It would be absolutely fantastic, if auxiliary heating could be automated with Home Assistant, let’s say whenever outside temperature is below a certain threshold, start heating the car at 7:30.

2 Likes

That’s a great idea and it would also be possible to add conditions like “only turn on aux. heating if I am at home (using presence detection)” etc.

1 Like

This would be a really cool integration! Are there any updates on this topic?

One more vote for this integration :slight_smile:

+1! (Or one more vote as the forum requires at least ten chars in a post :slight_smile:)

Hi all

I’ve started integrating the python API module into Home Assistant. It’s still under development, but you can already download and test it.

See https://github.com/arjenvrh/audi_connect_ha.

Regards
Arjen

3 Likes

Will you be adding this to the “official” HA components? It looks promising and look forward to test it (I’ll get my Audi in about two weeks)

Thomas

Cool to hear you will test it!

Hopefully in the coming weeks I can gather some feedback. When I have the feeling it’s running stable I’ll make a pulll request to add it to HA.

Hi Arjenvr,
I have tested it but some errors like below:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “test.py”, line 46, in
res = asyncio.get_event_loop().run_until_complete( task )
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/base_events.py”, line 466, in run_until_complete
return future.result()
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/futures.py”, line 293, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 239, in _step
result = coro.send(None)
File “test.py”, line 35, in main
account = AudiConnectAccount (user, password)
File “/home/pi/.homeassistant/custom_components/audiconnect/audi_connect_account.py”, line 30, in init
self.logon_service.login(username, password)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/audiapi/Services.py”, line 190, in login
token = self.__login_request(user, password)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/audiapi/Services.py”, line 220, in __login_request
reply = self._api.post(self.url(’/token’), data, use_json=False)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/audiapi/API.py”, line 62, in post
return self.__handle_error(r.json())
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/audiapi/API.py”, line 68, in __handle_error
raise Exception('API error: ’ + str(error) + ‘\n’ + error_msg)
Exception: API error: invalid_grant
expectedTenant:zh-CN

and I had modified the COUNTRY from DE to CN in “/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/audiapi/Services.py” , audiapi had been installed with “pip3 install audiapi” .

Thanks.

Hi arjenvr,
Looks like this component doesn’t support China region yet,
the region config param is not used.
Hope you may add support for China region.
Thanks

Unfortunately the used library doesn’t currently support setting the region.
Did it work after setting COUNTRY to CN in Services.py?

Getting errors as well when setting this up:

2019-05-30 14:19:23 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component audiconnect
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/digitijn/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 153, in _async_setup_component
hass, processed_config)
File “/home/digitijn/.homeassistant/custom_components/audiconnect/init.py”, line 101, in async_setup
password=config[DOMAIN].get(CONF_PASSWORD))
File “/home/digitijn/.homeassistant/custom_components/audiconnect/audi_connect_account.py”, line 30, in init
self.logon_service.login(username, password)
File “/srv/digitijn/lib/python3.6/site-packages/audiapi/Services.py”, line 193, in login
token.persist()
File “/srv/digitijn/lib/python3.6/site-packages/audiapi/Token.py”, line 25, in persist
with open(self.FILE, ‘w’) as outfile:
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘token.json’

audiapi was installed using pip install audiapi and I am running it on venv

Hi Arjenvr,
Thanks for your reply, it did not work after setting COUNTRY to CN in Services.py, do you need any other logs?

Thanks.

Hi @arjenvr,

Yesterday I got my new etron (full electric) so today I added it to Home Assistant. I had a small glitch in installing (did not set the rights in my custom_components) folder and not using lower case letters when entering the VIN, but now everything works!

I see a lot of sensor readings, even some specific to electric cars (ex. charging status). So I’m really happy about that!

Somehow I do seem to miss some sensors which I can see in the Audi app, maybe you could take a look at those:

• Status of the sunroof & engine hood (I do get doors, trunk and windows)
  • % of the drive battery (I do get range)

And there are also 2 sensors which do not seem to work as intended:

• Last updated does not give a valid date
  • In the device tracker I do get coordinates, but they seem to be missing a decimal point (comma?) so they are way off.

Finally it would be great if I would be able to also control the car from Home Assitant, so open/close (with PIN of course) and set the charging and climate controls.

Even as it is I love this component! It helps turning home assistant into my go-to app for (almost) everything. :slight_smile:

Thomas