Audiocast Media Device/Player HA

Has anyone ever tried using Audiocast wifi streaming device?

http://audiocast.io

It is similar in price ($39) and functionality to Google Chromecast audio but has more features supported like Airplay, Nas, and UPnP compatibility. I was wondering if anyone has configured this device to work with Home assistant. I am new to media players and home assistant but I’m looking to construct a low budget Sonos like system for my apartment. Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

1 Like

Any luck getting it working?

I have one still in the box and was going to set it up when I find time. I was hoping it would be automatically discovered to make things simpler.

HA doesn’t automatically discover the Audiocasts, however, if you connect your spotify account to HA they’ll show up as input devices through Spotify and you can control them that way. You can’t control each individual audio cast (i.e. multiroom playback or individual playback) but it is better than nothing. I’m working on developing a component at some point for Audiocasts to utilize all the features in the app and hopefully integrating it into a release at some point (when I have some free time between schoolwork). Let me know if you have any other questions about the audiocast. I think they’re pretty cool devices.

Good to know. I appreciate the information. Hopefully I can get a chance to play around with it soon.

This is the same topic:

AudioCast is LinkPlay ( WiiMu )
The same hardware uses:
iEast,
Audio Pro
SoundBot
iLuv
iDea USA

Thanks for the information! Last year I used audiocast with SmartThings to trigger doorbell like functionality, so I’d like to figure out a more direct way to control it. For now I’ll setup a spotify account.

Did you finish component for audiocast?

Is there any news about this topic?
Thaks!

With the deprecation of Chromecast Audio, this appears to be a great alternative which offers more than CA did.

Any new developments? I just purchased two of them to try them out.

Here: LinkPlay Integration