August - integrated doorbell for Yale Doorman L3

The Yale Doorman L3 works in HA via the August integration. However, there is no way of knowing if the integrated doorbell was pushed. It’s just a button on the door lock itself, no camera or such. Would it be possible to integrate a binary sensor for this? Presuming that information is available in the api.

I am also wondering about this. The doorbell is sometimes a bit hard to hear and I want to play a sound on my Google Home when it is pressed.

Any solution for that @teachingbirds ?

Nothing yet.

I guess still nothing there?

Any updates on this?

No one who has made the bell work in ha yet? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any updates? Don’t wanna buy an additional doorbell just for home Assistant :frowning:

Hi All
I have been digging into this missing doorbell option.

And I found out that it works on Homey. So next is how does that work. On Homey you login into August, to Connect to the API.

So if somebody do have the skills to figure out how it work, we might be closer to a solution :blush:

I guess someone with python skills could easily add it.

From the logs I get this when debugging is turned on, so the signal is getting there, just need to be handled.

2023-03-27 16:24:12.523 DEBUG (MainThread) [yalexs.api_common] Processing activity: {'id': '797039d3-fe7d-45ac-9cb5-456243930314', 'timestamp': 1679765649000, 'icon': 'https://d33mytkkohwnk6.cloudfront.net/app/ActivityFeedIcons/[email protected]', 'action': 'lock_accessory_motion_detect', 'deviceID': 'XXXXX', 'deviceType': 'lock', 'title': 'Someone is at the FRONT DOOR of ZZZZ.'}
2 Likes

It would be fantastic to get the Doorbell integration working.
Anyone with skills and time to fix that? Please.

I also add my interest for this function to be integrated in HA. I have no programing skills but it seems like very basic and simple function to add , especially as pointed out above that HA actually logs the event but there is no entity for it.

Looks like a fix has been merged into dev branch and hopefully will be released in 2023.9.1.

Has anyone seen the doorbell entity now being added the their lock? It says that it updates more slow as it is not available from Push API but for me it is not showing up at all.

Seems like it doesn’t show up as an entity, but I have succesfully triggered automations by ringing the doorbell on the Doorman L3. Just create a device trigger, where you select your lock as the device and then use the presence trigger.

Can you share what you have done?

I can only select the “wake has been pressed” but that never happens.
I cannot seem to get the signal either in vanilla automations or in Node Red.

I didn’t do much. After the upgrade, no new entities showed up so I thought the doorbell still didn’t work, but I could now create an automation with a device trigger where I could trigger on Presence becoming occupied (don’t know if the translation is correct, in Swedish it is “[Device Name of the lock] Närvaro blev upptagen” and it worked. I can now see that I also have the actual presence entity on the lock. Don’t know if it is because I have done a few restarts of Home Assistant since or if it is because of the upgrade to 2023.9.1 two days later.

If you only have “wake has been pressed” as a trigger, something is probably wrong.

Hmmn, interesting. I am also on the latest, now 2023.9.2 version but I don’t get that state or have the sensor. I do have the Finnish L3 lock, but it works with the Yale Home configuration just fine. Also the debug log does have the doorbell event whenever it is pressed.

So apparently, these Finnish / Swedish Doorman L3s are identified in the API as different type than other the Doorman L3s. The fix is probably coming in the next HA version.

I can see that the doorbell has been implemented for august.
But as far as I can tell it doesn’t help me since I’m using the Yale access Bluetooth (using a ESP32 Bluetooth Proxy)?
Any possibility to implement it for Bluetooth?