August stopped working after 0.73.1 update

:frowning: bummer… Had some great automations based on location(tasker) to open my door etc.
Does anyone know how to file an official bug report?

I do not, but it doesn’t seem to be release related. I just tried to downgrade to .73.2, where it was previously working, and it was still giving me the same errors

There appears to be an issue with the API not the token. There is an open issue for it on the github repo.

3 Likes

Deleted the line and had the same 403 error as mention above

Followed the github and changed the HEADER_VALUE_API_KEY to 79fd0eb6-381d-4adf-95a0-47721289d1d9 on august/api.py.

It worked after rebooting with the new value.

@accelle any idea how this could be achieved using hass.io?

Can confirm @accelle fix worked for me. I am on HASS on VENV, similar to @accelle. Although my site-packages was under python3.5, instead of python3.6

where can we find the “august/api.py.” file on hass.io?
Is there an equivalent fix for us?

that I am unsure of. I would go to root directory and use find .-name "api.py"

Anyone happen to know to get to this file when running HA via Docker?

I’m specifically running in Docker on a Synology NAS, so have had no need for access to files outside of the configuration yaml files thus far.

August stopped working for me with this same error a few releases ago.

I have made the change to the api.py file and that got me a new key. Now when I try to lock the door I get the following.

File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/lock/august.py", line 42, in lock
File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/august.py", line 253, in lock
File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/august/api.py", line 214, in lock
File "/home/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/august/api.py", line 244, in _call_api
requests.exceptions.HTTPError: 422 Client Error: Unprocessable Entity for url: https://api-production.august.com/remoteoperate/SOMEKINDOFKEY/lock

What changed lately that’s causing all these problems?

You replaced it with the key that @accelle provided?

yes I did.

for version 0.75.3 it says:
“Fix downgrade hassio cannot get refresh_token issue (@awarecan - #15874) (hassio docs)”.
I’m on version 0.75.3
Tried all the suggestions and combinations. Still no luck.
Can someone point me in the right direction?

Why ping me? My change is not related with August at all.

1 Like

I don’t think they ment to they just copy and pasted the info from the posting on the last update, I get there confused I also thought at first your update was a fix for this issue

1 Like