August stopped working after 0.73.1 update

Has anyone else’s August Lock stopped working after updating to 0.73.1

Yep, I’m getting errors on every restart.

Works here. Make sure that your token didnt expire.

where do i try that?

I looked under the dev-info panel to see any signs of errors with august

In my case, the token had expired. I didnt know another way to fix it so i just deleted the .august.conf file and restarted.

I then had to do the PIN thing all over again.

Deleting the .august.conf file fixed it. thanks

I’ve deleted the .august.conf file and am never prompted for re-auth.

Have you rebooted your home assistant after deleting?

It’s running on a linux server and the hass-daemon has been restarted at least a dozen times.

I’m not sure then I’m running on a pi3

Did you figure this out? I upgraded to 0.75.2 and the same thing is happening. When I try and delete the august.conf file, I get a 403 forbidden error

Unable to connect to August service: 403 Client Error: Forbidden for url:


Error during setup of component august
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/”, line 148, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config) # type: ignore
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/”, line 380, in iter
yield self # This tells Task to wait for completion.
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/”, line 304, in _wakeup
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/asyncio/”, line 293, in result
raise self._exception
File “/usr/lib/python3.5/concurrent/futures/”, line 55, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/”, line 151, in setup
return setup_august(hass, config, api, authenticator)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/”, line 114, in setup_august
state = authentication.state
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘state’

I have the exact same issue. Tried to delete the .august.conf file but getting the " 403 Client Error: Forbidden for url…" error. Were you able to find a solution?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Same issue after upgrading to 75.2
I am pretty sure the API key expired based on this log entry:
2018-08-08 10:46:29 DEBUG (SyncWorker_7) [august.api] Received API response: 403, b’{“code”:“ForbiddenError”,“message”:“API key is not valid”}’

How is a new key issued?

I have the same issue. after deleting the .august.conf file I now get the 403 forbidden message.

Same here. Deleting the .conf file did not help. I can see that it is trying to resend my username and password in the headers after deleting the .conf file as well as the original API key.

Unable to connect to August service: 403 Client Error: Forbidden for url:

I am going to try and remove the component and reboot. Then I will put it back in and see if that forces it to get a new key.

I did try your idea and it did not work for me unfortunately.
Even started with a fresh copy of home assistant.
Curious of your findings.

I just updated my host OS from HassOS 1.7 to 1.9 and I’m now having the same issues

this might be helpful:

Seems to be a similar approach but instead of deleting the whole file he:
‘My token was expired. I’ve opened “.august.config” and deleted the line.’

I’ve tried that with no luck

1 Like

Yeah, I had tried all combination of august.conf adjustments (delete file, delete line, reboot, comment out component, etc). Nothing seems to be working. Token is new and doesn’t expire for awhile. Seems like a bug