Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Hi all,

FWIW, I flashed one of these things with Tasmota, more by accident than design.

It is a “Smart Plug with RF Transmitter”. Whether I can get to play with home assistant as an RF relay remains to be seen.

Thought I’d post that here in case someone with more knowledge than I might find its potential as a HA RF relay interesting or useful.

Clipsal has been owned by Schneider for many years now.
The old owners of Clipsal is Gerard who now own Trader

1 Like

Great info, but I’ve decided this line of products is a dead end for me.
I’m biting the bullet and going to zigbee (with ZHA) as the itlead (sonoff) now have the cheap pre-flashed dongle (https://www.itead.cc/wireless/bluetooth-and-zigbe/cc2531-usb-dongle.html) and the zibgee bridge with an esp8266 (https://www.itead.cc/wireless/bluetooth-and-zigbe/sonoff-zbbridge.html) that looks like it might be flashed in the future.

When I was looking at this it definitely looked like the BLE standards were not be adopted. (see here : Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware )

Hi all. First post. A fantastic resource. Thanks.

I have searched, I believe thoroughly, but not found all the information I need. Hoping for some sage advice.

Apologies for the general nature of this post. Thought this may be the best place as it’s all locally sourced kit. Please let me know if I should post elsewhere.

Just beginning with HA. I’m somewhat satisfied at progress to date. Some frustrating challenges remain.

The good:

• All lights and PowerPoints done. Legrand Arteor Netatmo in living areas (via HomeKit) and the brilliant glass switches elsewhere (via Tuya). Some lifx bulbs and strips.

• Garden and pond lighting with Brilliant Arcardia via Tuya and some old wemos

• 9x outside cameras via hikvision dvr using ffmpeg rtsp

• 4x Samsung TVs

• 8x Sonos

• Sliding gate and garage door iSmartgate via HomeKit

• Entry doors using Yale assure

• Solax solar and LG battery

• Pool pump, chlorinator, and electric pool cleaner automation. Comes on when solar above 2kw. Would be great to couple with redox/free chlorine meter.

• Chook coop door automation

• Presence and location tracking using Life360

• Brother printers, Telstra Arcadyan, Speedtest

• Sensors (presence, contact, temp, humidity), automations, basic lovelace bling

The FAILS:

1. Fans: The brilliant fan controller works fine from Tuya but not via HA. Can it be done without tuya-convert and soldering?
  2. Yale Locks: I have the HomeKit network module which doesn’t seem to be supported via the HomeKit integration in HA. Wait for support or replace HomeKit with Zigbee network module?
  3. Various camera fails including Lenovo 360, Kasa Spot. Recommendations for cheap IP cameras (rtsp)?
  4. HomePods (x6). Couldn’t find media control support.
  5. AppleTVs (x4). Nothing is returned when I call the service to find them.
  6. Hitachi ducted AC ~10yo. Can’t find anything to adapt for a smart thermostat. I’ve sussed a way to control baffles but that’s kinda secondary.
  7. Legrand Arteor Netatmo dimmer keeps dying when coupled with Delta (dimmable) downlights from Bunnings. I’ve replaced it three times now. Bleeder installed. It works fine as a switch but fails after dimming a few times. The other dimmers coupled with halogens work fine.
  8. Alarm analogue IR sensors in each room. Would be neat to integrate if possible?
  9. Ring gate bell. Sensors work fine but no camera feed. Doesn’t look to be a solution.

I’d really appreciate advice on the fails above. Thanks.

Hi @thetastate,

For the apple TV integration, assuming you’ve updated your ATV to TVOS 13, you’ll need to use the beta integration (via HACS) at https://github.com/postlund/hass-atv-beta

Also for reading in your pool, I can recommend getting a “Blue Connect” pool sensor. More about how I’ve integrated the data into HA here - Blue Connect pool measurements

What brand/model is your alarm system? There may be a way to integrate it. Or you replace the panel with https://konnected.io/ but keep the same sensors

Hope that helps!

Legend! Thanks @danps

I will suss those out.

Alarm control panel is branded PARADOX.

Here is a guide to get them working with HA

I have a Paradox alarm and have had great success using this interface to get it linked with HA.

Thank you @sparkydave good news! The tinkering should be fun.

Hi

Does anyone use these and have been able to tasmota them?
LINK = https://googlehomestore.com/collections/smart-life-automation/products/wifi-smart-inline-light-switch

EDIT = Im told the entire 3asmarthome range is Aus Certified.

Please don’t post pictures of web sites. Give us the URL so we can have a look.

Is it Australia Certified? If not, it is not for this thread.

1 Like

i didnt provide the eBay link as it is for multiple items, i didnt want confusion as to what item i was referring to, and assisting people in looking at the product im talking about

Im told by supplier their whole range is certified, well aware of what is and isnt “for this thread”

Well NUE and 3A are the same usually and there is a 3A switch on the templates site. Sorry I can not offer anything further

PS: thanks for pointing them out that’s the exact style of device Ive been looking for (keeps the standard light switch plate for the WAF). Others that say in-line usually have the switch killing power to the Wi-Fi device and want you to use the app all the time.
Only $30 with free shipping on their ebay store ($38 on their website), I I’ll order one just to see if it can be flashed :slight_smile:

1 Like

The folks at Canberra Mechanical Services built a module to integrate smart thermostats with ducted AC systems. I’ve been eyeing it off for a while to add to my Fujitsu system. https://www.ezlink.store/

It’s the only thing I’ve come across that’ll do what you want. Looking at the FAQ they don’t support Hitachi units. :frowning: But it might still be worth dropping them a line about compatibility.

Hi thetastate
i’m interested on picking your brains over a couple of things if possible.
For your chook door what are you using?
I currently have a door that is operated by a 24 hour manually programmed timer. I originally wanted it to run on a 12v battery with solar panel top up. The door slides vertically and uses a car aerial motor. It is one of my 300 projects aorund the place that i thought i could do with an ESP01 and a relay but haven’t quite got there yet.
Patrick

Hey Thanks Peter @stibbons I have tried to contact them a few times over the past 4 months with no response. I note that they don’t have stock of any of the units but do offer some consulting time. I’ll persevere and report back if I have any luck.

Hi Patrick. I was fortunate to have an old wemo maker lying around that I used with this door kit:
https://www.amazon.com.au/Automatic-Chicken-Opener-Closer-Sensor/dp/B0814V4QPK

The door by itself is reasonably smart in that it can open and close at specific times or based on light level (dawn/dusk).

I have a camera and PIR covering the chook run so I can see if the door is closed or if any foxes come a visiting.

The Clipsal Wiser webpage has :

Communication network type
wireless (2.4-2.4 GHz), 2.5 mW

The ‘Bluetooth’ might be for configuring the wireless settings or wireless switches?

…they might be interesting.

Bluetooth is 2.4GHz. Wifi includes 2.4GHz. Zigbee is 2.4GHz.